Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Justin Forsett anyone?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.nfl.com/player/justinforsett/927/profile

Ingram got 16M over 4 years. Forsett s/b in the same range.

He's 29, but very little mileage on his tires. Can catch it out of back field.

Maybe we can get away with 12M over 3 years given his age.?

Maybe Spiller who is two years younger?

http://www.nfl.com/player/c.j.spiller/497204/profile
Zero
A few reports say the Eagles are very interested in Gore. Not sure how much he'd cost, but at 31 he'd better not be close to Shady money! mad.gif And, getting Gore would seem to necessitate them drafting a RB. If they trade everything for Mariota that would mean the RB would be round 4 or later? Gore ...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 8 2015, 08:41 AM) *
A few reports say the Eagles are very interested in Gore. Not sure how much he'd cost, but at 31 he'd better not be close to Shady money! mad.gif And, getting Gore would seem to necessitate them drafting a RB. If they trade everything for Mariota that would mean the RB would be round 4 or later? Gore ...

Gore keeps on ticking. It would be a great short-term pickup for a few million, and would further underscore why RB's are not robots, and don't have an expiration date until they start clearly slowing down.
JeeQ
Gore is one hit away from retirement... if we let Shady go to sign old man river I'll be pissed. Just pick up a few practice squad backs and be done with it

Let's get rid of our old veterans and hire even older and injury prone players as replacements
JeeQ
40M Over 5 Years for Shady... with 26.5M Guaranteed, and 16M coming in the first season... For a dime a dozen RB they sure paid him a lot of money
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 8 2015, 11:34 AM) *
40M Over 5 Years for Shady... with 26.5M Guaranteed, and 16M coming in the first season... For a dime a dozen RB they sure paid him a lot of money

Or they have the worst GM in football
nephillymike
http://overthecap.com/player/lesean-mccoy/761

If you take a look, it is interesting.

1. McCoy was able to get more money in pocket and another year guaranteed at a high rate. Good for him!

2. Five year deal for a RB, crazy right? Well Buffalo lowered the cap this year to 5.5M, not too bad.

3. But, as long as he lasts two years, they actually have a net cap gain if cut after year two after accounting for dead money. So in reality, it's a two year deal and it gets Shady more guarantees. He would have made 17.4M over two years here, not guaranteed. He now gets 26.5 guaranteed. Not bad work if you can get. A similar thing happened to DJax last year.

Annoy Chip and get paid!!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 8 2015, 01:20 PM) *
Gore is one hit away from retirement... if we let Shady go to sign old man river I'll be pissed. Just pick up a few practice squad backs and be done with it

All players are one hit away from retirement. I've loudly been against letting Shady go, but a short-term relatively cheap pickup in Gore would be welcome to me. I was just pointing out that this crowd here would've been clamoring for Gore's release after 2010 because of his 'decline' - but he hasn't gotten the memo that he's finished yet, 5 years later and racking up HOF numbers.
Pbfan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 8 2015, 02:25 PM) *
All players are one hit away from retirement. I've loudly been against letting Shady go, but a short-term relatively cheap pickup in Gore would be welcome to me. I was just pointing out that this crowd here would've been clamoring for Gore's release after 2010 because of his 'decline' - but he hasn't gotten the memo that he's finished yet, 5 years later and racking up HOF numbers.

This is right on the money. He's still producing- big time. I'll take his recent historical play over the anecdotal evidence that "after 30 RBs are done" as an indication of his next 1-2 years.
JeeQ
Eagles Fan Mentality:

McCoy is regressing because he's 26 and all RBs decline after 27

Gore is still producing at 31 because all RBs declining after 27 is bullshit

Let me guess if we signed a RB that was younger than McCoy then the first fact would hold true, right? Bullshit aritsts
samaroo
The historical data shows a decline in RB production with age. That is a no brainer. That data also shows the steepest curve around 27 years of age. Fact.

An average will always have outliers. An example of something that is not average doesn't disprove anything. It just is.
Eyrie
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 9 2015, 01:22 AM) *
The historical data shows a decline in RB production with age. That is a no brainer. That data also shows the steepest curve around 27 years of age. Fact.

An average will always have outliers. An example of something that is not average doesn't disprove anything. It just is.

And those outliers are why it's fair to call bullshit on anyone using McCoy's age as an excuse for his departure.

He won't put up the same numbers in Buffalo, but that will be down to their weak OL and insipid offense compared to what he played with here.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 9 2015, 02:43 PM) *
And those outliers are why it's fair to call bullshit on anyone using McCoy's age as an excuse for his departure.

He won't put up the same numbers in Buffalo, but that will be down to their weak OL and insipid offense compared to what he played with here.

I think most people agree that it was likely a combination of age and salary. I personally think his style of play was a pretty big factor too.
samaroo
Yeah, I think the factors in Shady being dealt were 80% money, 10% money, 5% money and 5% style.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.