Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McCoy getting happier?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Mike Garafolo ✔ @MikeGarafolo
Follow
Sources tell @FOXSports1 LeSean McCoy and the Bills are close on a new contract. Expected to be agreed to before trade is official Tues.
12:34 PM - 7 Mar 2015
nephillymike
I'm wondering why the need for a new contract?

Buffalo isn't cap strapped at all and Mccoy is getting $11M and he's a RB who has a short shelf life and I wouldn't think they'd want to extend?

Just pay him his money this year and next year if he's worth it.
Pbfan
We have no idea if he has a short shelf life... We're about to sign Frank Gore, at 31, who had an oustanding year the past couple years. This "RBs have a short shelf life" is no hard and fast rule
D Rock
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 8 2015, 11:04 PM) *
We have no idea if he has a short shelf life... We're about to sign Frank Gore, at 31, who had an oustanding year the past couple years. This "RBs have a short shelf life" is no hard and fast rule

laugh.gif

Especially if you ignore the last 50 years of evidence.
Pbfan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 8 2015, 07:20 PM) *
laugh.gif

Especially if you ignore the last 50 years of evidence.

Not really, their yards go down, but their YPG stay somewhat solid. If we're not looking for a workhorse (this is going to be a passing team) then we shouldn't worry as much. Moreover, look a gore's past few years. It's obviously not a hard and fast rule. So you are dead wrong, again. It seems like you stay consistent with that across any NFL topic.

Oh also there's a great read on one of the stats pages that show that the sample size for those studies on RB's are far to small to minimize the noise to determine specifically a fall rate of production by age. People like you just love to cite the stuff.
samaroo
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 9 2015, 08:25 AM) *
Not really, their yards go down, but their YPG stay somewhat solid. If we're not looking for a workhorse (this is going to be a passing team) then we shouldn't worry as much. Moreover, look a gore's past few years. It's obviously not a hard and fast rule. So you are dead wrong, again. It seems like you stay consistent with that across any NFL topic.

Oh also there's a great read on one of the stats pages that show that the sample size for those studies on RB's are far to small to minimize the noise to determine specifically a fall rate of production by age. People like you just love to cite the stuff.

That is literally the opposite of everything I've read and seen about the Eagles in the last two years.
JeeQ
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 8 2015, 05:29 PM) *
That is literally the opposite of everything I've read and seen about the Eagles in the last two years.

It's hard for some right now to admit this team has no idea what the fuck it's doing at the moment... we're taking the ultimate gamble...

I still have the sinking feeling we're going to end up with the dregs of Free Agency after they sign higher paying deals with other teams... While other teams can pay big money for one player; the Eagles are hoping to land multiple players for mediocre money... Which is why Riley Cooper is currently the #1 WR on the Eagles right now and that's a fucking fact

Mariota or bust
Pbfan
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 8 2015, 08:29 PM) *

Absolutely wrong. We passed 621 times last year, rushed 474. This is a passing team through and throgh
Zero
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 8 2015, 07:37 PM) *
It's hard for some right now to admit this team has no idea what the fuck it's doing at the moment... we're taking the ultimate gamble...

I still have the sinking feeling we're going to end up with the dregs of Free Agency after they sign higher paying deals with other teams... While other teams can pay big money for one player; the Eagles are hoping to land multiple players for mediocre money... Which is why Riley Cooper is currently the #1 WR on the Eagles right now and that's a fucking fact

Mariota or bust

Not sure what you're talking about. First, taking risk (gamble) doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing. They may make bad choices but if they actually landed Maxwell that's a start to the good. Gore is a gamble because of age but the stats seem to tell the story of similar productivity to McCoy at much less cost, money that can be used to improve other parts of the defense. There's a lot of time left and a lot of good players left in FA. Everyone seems to think they'll do some monster trade for Mariota - I'm not so sure they can pull it off but if they don't there's likely a plan B for QB.

I'm guessing here, but I think the Eagles probably have a very lucid idea of what the fuck they are doing. I'm sure there are fans who don't though.
samaroo
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 9 2015, 09:44 AM) *
Absolutely wrong. We passed 621 times last year, rushed 474. This is a passing team through and throgh

I think it is a passing league, through and through. But this info here would seem to dispute your claim, as the Birds were the 21st ranked team in pass play %.

We are a running team first.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 8 2015, 05:44 PM) *

How can you call yourself a passing team through and through and let two Pro-Bowl WRs go in back to back seasons?

But then how can you call yourself a rushing team when you trade your Pro-Bowl RB?

What are you exactly?

I think it's pretty telling when Maclin couldn't wait to run back to Andy Reid in KC... if Chip really gets rid of 4 Pro-Bowlers in 2 seasons with no replacements... I just have no words
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.