Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brandon Marshal traded to Jets
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
for a FIFTH ROUND PICK!

A king's ransom...

laugh.gif
JeeQ
HOUSEoPAIN
Geno Smith was so happy that when he heard he threw Marshall a welcome party.....but it was picked off and returned for a TD.

*rimshot*
Birdman420
that's unacceptable... I mean it's just unacceptable

unacceptable
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 6 2015, 02:55 PM) *
Geno Smith was so happy that when he heard he threw Marshall a welcome party.....but it was picked off and returned for a TD.

*rimshot*

No reply from Nabby??? devil03.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 6 2015, 07:07 PM) *
for a FIFTH ROUND PICK!

A king's ransom...

laugh.gif

Following last year's deal for Sproles, this is further evidence that mid and late round picks are overvalued.

Sure there's a chance to get the next Trent Cole, but more often than not those picks are depth for a couple of years before becoming camp casualties to make room for the next mid to late round pick. Trading for a veteran who can perform a role for a couple of years can be better value, providing that there are still enough hungry young players on the roster for STs which is where the veteran is less likely to contribute.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 6 2015, 10:35 PM) *
No reply from Nabby??? devil03.gif

Here you go:

Rating under Chip vs. Rex:

Sanchez
Rex: 71.7
Chip:88.4

Vick:
Rex: 68.3
Chip:86.5

Geno:
Rex: 71.5
Chip: I don't know, but probably better

Geno may never turn out to be an adequate NFL QB, but judging him entirely based on two seasons where he was not ready to play and forced into action in the worst situation in football is silly.

He's shown flashes of being really good and flashes of being really bad. He's been inconsistent, which is an absolute killer. If he can't overcome that, he's worthless. If he can, he has a chance to be decent.

nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 7 2015, 01:28 PM) *
Here you go:

Rating under Chip vs. Rex:

Sanchez
Rex: 71.7
Chip:88.4

Vick:
Rex: 68.3
Chip:86.5

Geno:
Rex: 71.5
Chip: I don't know, but probably better

Geno may never turn out to be an adequate NFL QB, but judging him entirely based on two seasons where he was not ready to play and forced into action in the worst situation in football is silly.

He's shown flashes of being really good and flashes of being really bad. He's been inconsistent, which is an absolute killer. If he can't overcome that, he's worthless. If he can, he has a chance to be decent.

Just messin' with you. Glad you're back.

BTW,they had a story today in NJ.com that said Sanchez and Eagles are both very interested in him returning.

I thought he played decent for us. Better than I thought he would when we signed him, but less effective than I thought he'd be after watching him in preseason and after seeing how many wins we had with Foles playing poorly. Apparently on game film, he left a lot of good plays out there from what Diddy said and he had some killer INT's. Not the worse thing that could happen bringing him back.

I think out of he, Locker and Vick, I'd go with Vick. His arms and legs gives us options that Sanchez doesn't.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 7 2015, 01:15 PM) *
Just messin' with you. Glad you're back.

BTW,they had a story today in NJ.com that said Sanchez and Eagles are both very interested in him returning.

I thought he played decent for us. Better than I thought he would when we signed him, but less effective than I thought he'd be after watching him in preseason and after seeing how many wins we had with Foles playing poorly. Apparently on game film, he left a lot of good plays out there from what Diddy said and he had some killer INT's. Not the worse thing that could happen bringing him back.

I think out of he, Locker and Vick, I'd go with Vick. His arms and legs gives us options that Sanchez doesn't.

We got out of Sanchez about all we could have hoped. And it was better than Foles, albeit slightly.

I'd probably go with Locker, but I don't think it matters. I expect Mariota to be our starter in week 1. The only way that doesn't happen is if TB wants him. Don't think that will be the case.

As a backup, I might bring back Sanchez just for consistency and comfortability with the system.

FWIW, I've heard that Chip was extremely close to benching Foles for Sanchez mid-season. The injury saved him from being forced to do so.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 7 2015, 02:21 PM) *
FWIW, I've heard that Chip was extremely close to benching Foles for Sanchez mid-season. The injury saved him from being forced to do so.

The way he was playing I wouldn't blame Kelly. And that's the thing, did he see things as a coach that may not have been apparent on film? If so, that could be driving the high risk moves with the ultimate goal of landing Mariota. Forget where I heard it, but someone either reported or opined that Kelly likely has deals, or attempted to work deals with every team from Tampa to Jets. We're going to be hearing a lot of shit before the draft.
mcnabbulous
I'm thinking there really isn't a price Chip won't pay for him. I suspect every personnel decision he's made since coming into the league was based on acquiring MM this offseason.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 7 2015, 02:15 PM) *

It depends how much less he will take to be Mariota's backup. I can't wait to see what our roster looks like in a week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.