Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foles + lotsa picks to Tampa for Mike Evans
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
rumply
Nuts if true, just talk at the moment though, but it is Mike Evans ohmy.gif

http://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/2x...unnamed_source/

Mike Missanelli gets email from un-named source about trade for #1 spot & Mike Evans. 1-3 rounds '15 &'16, 1&2 '17 & Foles (self.eagles)

Essentially we swap 1st rounds for this year and we get Mike Evans who is worth a 1st round pick. So we lose 2/3 this year and next year along with 1/2 the following year.
Pbfan
QUOTE (rumply @ Mar 4 2015, 05:52 PM) *
Nuts if true, just talk at the moment though, but it is Mike Evans ohmy.gif

http://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/2x...unnamed_source/

Mike Missanelli gets email from un-named source about trade for #1 spot & Mike Evans. 1-3 rounds '15 &'16, 1&2 '17 & Foles (self.eagles)

Essentially we swap 1st rounds for this year and we get Mike Evans who is worth a 1st round pick. So we lose 2/3 this year and next year along with 1/2 the following year.

That would be fucking insane
JeeQ
Based off a quick glance over I definitely take this trade
rumply
Bucs get - Foles, 2015 1 2 3, 2016 1 2 3, 2017 1 2

Eagles get - Mariota, Evans

& about to spend big on FA, could equate to a formidable lineup next season.

If true, go for it I say

phillyfan4ever
Was just watching NFL Live, and they had a "dating game" set up with Maxwell asking questions, and the Eagles, Seahawks, and the Jags as the three possible landing spots. After he asked the three questions he choose teams three (JAGS), however when each team was relieved they started with Brian Dawkins coming out with and EAGLES helmet, right away Maxwell asked if he could change his mind! ESPN host said he could do that next Tuesday and Maxwell just smiled and nodded his head as he watch Dawkins walk away with the helmet. When the Seahawk helmet was brought out he just flicked it and pressed on, when the Jags helmet was brought out (the team he choose) he smiled and said I guess I would be familiar with the coaching.

Could there be more to this????
Zero
QUOTE (phillyfan4ever @ Mar 5 2015, 05:10 PM) *
Could there be more to this????

Tampering! wink.gif
nephillymike
At first glance, I thought this was stone cold crazy.

However, if we break it down a little further into two trades, it probably comes relatively close:

1. To move from #20 to #1, it requires us to get to 3000 (#1) points from 850 (#20).

So after swapping '15 #1's, we're 2,150 short.

Assume that our draft position the next few years is the same. To fill the gap, we give up '16 &'17 #1's and '16 #2:
= 850 + 850 + 380 = 2,080. These things always pay a premium, so figure '15 3rd round pick for a 170 point add on.
2080 + 170 = 2250. The 100 point sweetener is a high 4th round pick. That may be a little light for a premium.

2. Mike Evans for Nick Foles +2 2nd's and a 3rd. IMO, Evans is a legit top 5 pick. He was picked 7th last year, but played better than anyone drafted ahead of him. I'll conservatively value him at #5. As far as Foles goes, I value him as a mid to high two. I'll say he's worth approx pick 40. So #5 is 1700 points, while #40 is 500 points, which leaves us 1200 points short. I think that's fair. So it looks like we're giving up two 2nd's (both #52) and a 3rd (#84). At 380+380+170, we gave up 930 points. To the good by 270 points. Subtract the small premium above and it looks like we got a 170 point discount, or a 3rd round pick.

As silly as it sounds, the trade math works. Now how about in practice? Let's take a look at a few using a few recent drafts, trying to :

Using the data of drafts from 2000 to last year, here are the picks within +/- 5 of each of our slots this year (20, 52, 84):

1st round (#15-#25) - Maclin, Andrews, McDougle, Mitchell, Watkins
2nd Round (#47-#57) - McCoy, D. Jackson, Laws, Jarrett, Abamiri, Caver
3rd Round (#79-89) - Foles, Te'o Neshiem, S. Bradley, Huff, M. Ware, B. Smith

So take three 1st's, three 2nd's and two 3rd's
A. Best Picks - Maclin, Andrews, McDougle, McCoy, Jackson, Laws, Foles, Te'o Neshiem
B. Mid Picks - Andrews, Mitchell, McDougle, Jackson, Jarrett, Abamiri, Bradley, Huff
C. Worst Picks - McDougle, Mitchell, Watkins, Jarrett, Abamiri, Caver, Ware, B. Smith

So list A + another Foles quality pick for Mariota and Evans. Nope
List B + Foles for Mariota and Evans Yep
List C + Foles for Mariota and Evans. Yep.

Survey says: Good trade.

Although what would I do for draft prep three years in a row??

samaroo
This trade is too good to be true. No way TB is dumb enough to do this. Lovie would be tarred-and-feathered as he was run out of town. Evans and that #1 pick are all those fans have to live for!
Pbfan
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 5 2015, 11:53 PM) *
This trade is too good to be true. No way TB is dumb enough to do this. Lovie would be tarred-and-feathered as he was run out of town. Evans and that #1 pick are all those fans have to live for!

I don't know if it would be super stupid on their part. Lower risk, lower reward for them. Could benefit both teams.
Zero
I'm surprised that I like this, assuming we are productive in FA and don't enter into another Dream Team scenario. It's an instant build for the Eagles when combining a presumed FA haul, Mariota and Evans. For Tampa, it's good as long as the GM can produce solid picks. Theirs is a slower, more traditional build through the draft and we'd give them ammunition to do that over the course of three years. The Eagles are in more of an immediate results mode while the Bucs are a longer, more traditional process.

If the Eagles can solidify the secondary, OL and RB in FA and re-sign Maclin, adding Evans would give the rookie QB a good foundation to succeed. Then they'd need to extend players like Cox, Kendricks and Thornton. This would give them a fairly young and talented roster. Having picks from round 4 on gives them depth/potential picks in all three years.

The key would be if Mariota is the real thing in the NFL.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (rumply @ Mar 4 2015, 07:24 PM) *
Bucs get - Foles, 2015 1 2 3, 2016 1 2 3, 2017 1 2

Eagles get - Mariota, Evans

& about to spend big on FA, could equate to a formidable lineup next season.

If true, go for it I say

If The Genius's Master PlanTM requires doing whatever it takes to get Mariota, at least this gives us a proven WR. It appears that we're not resigning Maclin, so our top 2 WR's would be Evans and Matthews. I still think that's way too many picks to give up, but a proven player with star potential is always better than a draft pick IMO, regardless of which round.
Zero
How do you react to this assuming all those picks don't leave because a deal can't be made for Mariota? In other words, letting Shady, et al go, having a FA binge and going into next year with all of our picks, new FAs and Foles under center.
Birdman420
I'd be pretty upset if we start next year with foles as our guy
JeeQ
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Mar 6 2015, 03:20 PM) *
I'd be pretty upset if we start next year with foles as our guy

If that's the case getting rid of Jackson, Shady, and Cole was pointless... I'll be ticked

You don't get rid of 3 Pro-Bowlers if you believe your QB is "The Guy"

You sacrifice your Pro-Bowlers to acquire "The Guy"
GroundedBird
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 6 2015, 06:44 PM) *
If that's the case getting rid of Jackson, Shady, and Cole was pointless... I'll be ticked

You don't get rid of 3 Pro-Bowlers if you believe your QB is "The Guy"

You sacrifice your Pro-Bowlers to acquire "The Guy"

so... what if they can't make the deal... would you take...

FAs: Kareem Jackson, Maxwell, McCourt

Draft:
Gurley (compared to Marshawn Lynch)
Hundley (Compared to Randal Cunningham)
Justin Hardy (4.5 speed, averaged 100 receptions in past three years)

All that to keep Foles and your picks for next year and introduce a potiential stud LB.

Not saying it will happen, just saying there's options.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.