Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I like Reuben Franks take on this
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...o-buffalo-bills

If we really want to move forward a big shake up was due...

As Roob said, it has happened before and here it comes again...
JeeQ
Couldn't get through the article because the first caption says "McCoy was the Eagles All-Time Leading Rusher at 26"... my mind says he was 3-4 seasons away in Philadelphia from being an All-Time Eagles Great

Kiko Alonso was not worthy of being traded straight up for such a player...
Phits
McCoy is only 26, but he has 1,761 touches in six years, and history is not kind to running backs once they’re 2,000 carries into their career.

It’s no fun for fans seeing guys like Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, Duce Staley and Hugh Douglas shown the door, but if you can time it just right – and make the right call drafting their replacements – you can have tremendous success. Once Andy Reid stopped having success replacing those guys, the Eagles drifted down toward NFL mediocrity.
Pbfan
Everybody always wants a big shake up whenever you have a bad season. Guess what, the Jets have shook it up every season for the past decade. The eagles shook it up with the dream team. Redskins have shook it up.

Wanting to "Shake things up" is everybody's ADD way of wanting a Super Bowl ASAP. I want to build a team (and cheat) like the Pats did
Phits
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 4 2015, 06:23 PM) *
Everybody always wants a big shake up whenever you have a bad season. Guess what, the Jets have shook it up every season for the past decade. The eagles shook it up with the dream team. Redskins have shook it up.

Wanting to "Shake things up" is everybody's ADD way of wanting a Super Bowl ASAP. I want to build a team (and cheat) like the Pats did

The difference is the teams you mentioned were in last ditch effort mode. That's far from the case here. The "shake up " in Philly seems more related to the HC wanting a chance to build his team with the type of players he wants.
Pbfan
This seems like a "throw the baby out with the bathwater" argument. A football team consists of a lot of players, Shady isn't to blame.
HOUSEoPAIN
It’s no fun for fans seeing guys like Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, Duce Staley and Hugh Douglas shown the door, but if you can time it just right – and make the right call drafting their replacements – you can have tremendous success. Once Andy Reid stopped having success replacing those guys, the Eagles drifted down toward NFL mediocrity.

Shit like this is why it's so frustrating discussing this with Chip fanboys. Vincent and Taylor had 2 Pro-Bowl caliber corners waiting on the bench to replace them. Staley had Westbrook behind him. ND Kalu's 2002 season justified getting rid of Douglas, but then he was back within a year, and then cut again with Trent Cole and Kalu ready to go in '05.

WE. JUST. CREATED. A. NEED. 2 years in a row. With All-Pros at their positions.

wacko.gif
Zero
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 4 2015, 07:03 PM) *
Shit like this is why it's so frustrating discussing this with Chip fanboys. Vincent and Taylor had 2 Pro-Bowl caliber corners waiting on the bench to replace them. Staley had Westbrook behind him. ND Kalu's 2002 season justified getting rid of Douglas, but then he was back within a year, and then cut again with Trent Cole and Kalu ready to go in '05.

WE. JUST. CREATED. A. NEED. 2 years in a row. With All-Pros at their positions. wacko.gif

I get what you're saying, but I don't remember this kind of thing ever happening with the Eagles. Don't you think that it deserves another month or so to see where it's going?
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 4 2015, 07:03 PM) *

WE. JUST. CREATED. A. NEED. 2 years in a row. With All-Pros at their positions.

wacko.gif

If that's all you see, no wonder you're so obtuse.
Phits
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 4 2015, 06:43 PM) *
This seems like a "throw the baby out with the bathwater" argument. A football team consists of a lot of players, Shady isn't to blame.

I'm not sure how blame comes into play. It was simply a football/business decision.

I wish Shady luck and thank him for the years of enjoyment he provided.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 4 2015, 07:21 PM) *
I get what you're saying, but I don't remember this kind of thing ever happening with the Eagles. Don't you think that it deserves another month or so to see where it's going?

Certainly at the end of FA and the draft we'll have a much clearer picture of The Genius's Master PlanTM. Certainly I'm allowed to object to getting rid of our two superstar players in consecutive seasons, for a grand total of a LB who hasn't played in over a year. This particular thread is about Reuben Frank justifying it by making a false equivalency to getting rid of other superstars.

I mean, we're obviously going to try and grab Mariota, and there's only so many FA signings we can do. No matter what our depth will be sub-par at best, and now we have to replace an All-Pro running back. We're running out of bargaining chips.
Pbfan
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 4 2015, 07:26 PM) *
I'm not sure how blame comes into play. It was simply a football/business decision.

I wish Shady luck and thank him for the years of enjoyment he provided.

Well the article says that its a good decision because shady hasn't resulted in post season wins. I don't like that argument. He's not the only one to blame.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 4 2015, 06:23 PM) *

You need a shake up when it has been over ten years since you had any real shot at a title.
Zero
Some of the qualities that make Kelly attractive and successful are the same ones that make him dangerous. He’s an original thinker and a risk-taker. He has strong convictions and he pushes through resistance and at times conventional wisdom to stay true to those convictions. That allows him to break new ground, but at times might send him to land that more experienced men know to be infertile.

Kelly’s approach has worked very well for him for the most part to date, and from that you can draw confidence. He has a history that suggests if you allow him artistic license, he can create something pretty special. But this is a new realm for him, and he’ll have to find and toe the line that separates bold from reckless. As long as he operates in that space, it will never be an easy, comfortable ride. But it will be entertaining.

Linc ...
HobbEs
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 4 2015, 06:07 PM) *
Couldn't get through the article because the first caption says "McCoy was the Eagles All-Time Leading Rusher at 26"... my mind says he was 3-4 seasons away in Philadelphia from being an All-Time Eagles Great

Kiko Alonso was not worthy of being traded straight up for such a player...

What if Kiko Alonso turns out to be Junior Seau part 2?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 4 2015, 08:18 PM) *
Well the article says that its a good decision because shady hasn't resulted in post season wins. I don't like that argument. He's not the only one to blame.

Yeah, basically we should turn over everyone on the roster who's been here since 2009. Actually, that seems like what we're currently doing.....

Maclin, Peters, and Celek are the only starters who remain, assuming we bring Maclin back.

DORENBOS, WATCH OUT!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.