Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is partly Howie's doing
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
All inked big deals with Howie as soon as Banner was banished.
All the deals were back loaded to make them attractive, but they are all being cut when $$$ no longer match what they bring to the table.

All their contracts needed to be reworked at the point they were cut and perhaps that is another reason Howie is not in charge any more.
Zero
And I'd say Shady has something to do with his trade. I don't blame him, but he was adamant that he wouldn't take less money and that's what the Eagles needed ... cap space.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 4 2015, 07:28 PM) *
And I'd say Shady has something to do with his trade. I don't blame him, but he was adamant that he wouldn't take less money and that's what the Eagles needed ... cap space.

There's no indication that Shady was approached to make a contract restructure that I'm aware of. Do you have knowledge of this?
Zero
Shady was quoted about a month ago as saying that he was open to restructuring but wouldn't take less money. Cole also apparently said he was open to renegotiating but from what we're hearing now he and the Eagles had completely different views of what was fair compensation. Cole's comment about loyalty is understandable but most would agree that despite being a favorite son of many fans his play was starting to decline and his contract was probably too rich for what he was expected to provide on the field.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.