Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My support level for Chip
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JaxEagle
Personally, I give him through 2016 to, at minimum, appearance in the Conf. Championship Game. If so, I then give him until 2020 to win the Bowl. Seems fair to me. Show us moderate progress in the short run and then get more time to accomplish the goal.

If we continue to be postseason pushovers then after two more seasons I will want to make a switch. I don't care how Mariota factors into the plan. I am not in favor of a 4-5 year plan just because Mariota is "learning."
Zero
How many years has it been since our last SB victory? How many years have the fans thought that we were almost there and then got whiplash on the ride down?

I don't know if what Kelly is doing will work, but it's nice to see that we have someone in charge who's willing to take the big risk to finally get the big reward. He's not Hinkey yet, but the next few weeks should begin to tell us something. I've got stomach acid in my throat but I'm ready for another ride that I'm hoping will be the one that I keep getting back in line for.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Mar 4 2015, 08:19 AM) *
Personally, I give him through 2016 to, at minimum, appearance in the Conf. Championship Game. If so, I then give him until 2020 to win the Bowl.

Whaaaaa-----!?!?!?!?!??!

So you're cool with another 4 NFCCG losses before he's gone? That's tongue-in-cheek of course, but I'm already starting to think Lurie gave the car keys to a 5 year old and told Howie to sit in the back. And no, I'm not a huge Howie fan, but he obviously would never sign on to what happened yesterday.

If The Genius's Master PlanTM doesn't produce a playoff victory this year with obvious major progress, I'm ready to run his ass out of town. Along with his Oregon reunion.
Birdman420
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Mar 4 2015, 09:19 AM) *
Personally, I give him through 2016 to, at minimum, appearance in the Conf. Championship Game. If so, I then give him until 2020 to win the Bowl. Seems fair to me. Show us moderate progress in the short run and then get more time to accomplish the goal.

If we continue to be postseason pushovers then after two more seasons I will want to make a switch. I don't care how Mariota factors into the plan. I am not in favor of a 4-5 year plan just because Mariota is "learning."

I agree 100%
Birdman420
HOP,

I think you're being too stiff about it all, you should look at what chip is dealing with here.

He comes into an organization replacing the longest tenured coach in our franchise, he has to undo everything that is in place and slowly implement his own way about doing things.

The control that head coaches have these days is daunting and chip has basically said "put it all on me" on a team in a city full of "I'll run you out of town!" people. I think he is aware of the situation and what it means to all of us, but at the same time his career reputation is on the line. He didn't like the limitations he had the last two years and obviously put his foot down on his vision or the highway(howie).

As a Philly native, I love his attitude and seemingly pompous approach. It's a fine line to walk in this town!

For me it comes down to faith.

I'm agnostic but maybe my lack of faith in god has granted me extra faith in chip - so to give him a fair shot at what his vision is you can only assume that he needs time to set it all up. I don't buy into his "flexibility coaching" at all, he wants a QB that plays fast and makes quick decisions, he wants tall & big WR's and he especially wants an RB that will "hit the effing hole".
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Mar 4 2015, 12:04 PM) *
I think you're being too stiff about it all, you should look at what chip is dealing with here.

For me it comes down to faith.

I'm agnostic but maybe my lack of faith in god has granted me extra faith in chip - so to give him a fair shot at what his vision is you can only assume that he needs time to set it all up. I don't buy into his "flexibility coaching" at all, he wants a QB that plays fast and makes quick decisions, he wants tall & big WR's and he especially wants an RB that will "hit the effing hole".

It's just amazing to watch Kool-Aid drinkers blindly following whatever The Genius does. He inherited an above-average team that was coached down to 4-12 by The Walrus. Check my predictions about what our record would be in his first year. He had 2 superstar players on offense - one was cut before last year for nothing and ended up finishing our season, the other was just given away for an injured LB who I had to look up because I've never heard of him. Again, he's done absolutely nothing in college or the NFL to warrant handing the keys to the kingdom over to him to do whatever he pleases, with no checks or balances. Many of his moves fly in the face of reason, so forgive me for not falling in line with the sheep.

I'm an agnostic too - which is why the word 'faith' always makes me cringe, especially when seeing irrational behavior. So we still have to sign our #1 receiver, several DB's, and apparently we're going to go for Mariota, but now we have to replace the production of one of the top RB's in football.....
Eyrie
My support level for Kelly is dropping faster than our committed 2015 cap spend.

I'm willing to wait to see what happens with all that money in FA, and then for the draft, but I'm dusting off my Axis membership right now just in case the probable happens and this all goes tits up.
JeeQ
He's either going down as an NFL genius, or the coach who ruined an NFL franchise with his crazy ideas and then ran back to college so he can finally be surrounded by Oregon Ducks like he always wanted
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 4 2015, 05:15 PM) *
He's either going down as an NFL genius, or the coach who ruined an NFL franchise with his crazy ideas and then ran back to college so he can finally be surrounded by Oregon Ducks like he always wanted

Yeah there's really no in-between now. We're obviously going for Mariota the way this is all going down, and it looks like we'll have to make about 10 free agent signings with the picks we'll have to give up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.