Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What would make this all better?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
samaroo
I don't want trophies and SB appearances here. I'm talking personnel. I want to know what end product makes all this frenzy right in your world, not what you think will happen.

For me, it's this: Get Maxwell and McCourty, a guard, and draft MM. That makes this make sense to me.

I'd say we also need another CB (probably in the draft) and a RB (also probably draft.) I like CJ, but he can't stay healthy, and there's a ton of kids coming up this year, so not him.

What's your master plan?
JaxEagle
Maclin, Maxwell and Suh
phillyfan4ever
Free Agents
Maclin
Maxwell
Iupati

Draft
Trae Waynes
Jay Ajayi
O-line
JeeQ
Marcus Mariota... if we don't get Marcus Mariota this was all for nothing
phillyfan4ever
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 4 2015, 11:00 AM) *

What could we use to trade up for Marcus Mariota ??
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 4 2015, 11:00 AM) *

Nonsense. "All of this" is supposed to help build Chip's team. This includes fixing the holes on defense and finding the (franchise) QB. If the QB of the future is Mariota it is just a bonus.
Eyrie
QUOTE (phillyfan4ever @ Mar 4 2015, 04:09 PM) *
What could we use to trade up for Marcus Mariota ??

Most of our draft picks this year and next.

Maybe that is why we're seeing the cap casualties - it's to free up money to bring in cheaper players to make up for the lack of rookies that trading up for Mariota will mean.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 4 2015, 02:30 PM) *

Maybe that is why we're seeing the cap casualties - it's to free up money to bring in cheaper players to make up for the lack of rookies that trading up for Mariota will mean.

Our depth will be severely lacking no matter what it looks like.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 4 2015, 11:30 AM) *

That's what I see... $50M in cap space is there because Chip is clearly going to mortgage all our draft picks on Mariota

QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 4 2015, 09:48 AM) *
Nonsense. "All of this" is supposed to help build Chip's team. This includes fixing the holes on defense and finding the (franchise) QB. If the QB of the future is Mariota it is just a bonus.

All of this is for Chip's team and it can't be Chip's team if it doesn't have Chip's QB. Mariota is the "perfect" QB for Chip's system... if we don't get him then we're waiting another 4-5 seasons hoping another Mariota comes around and by that time the team will be shot to all hell

We're going to draft Mariota at the expense of multiple drafts, and build through Free Agency... It's either going to pay off big or blow up big
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.