Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trading to #1??
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/2/...-marcus-mariota

Kempski has a lot of cred after the DJax saga.

If #5 costs two ones, a 2 and a 4, you prolly need to add Foles and another 1 to get to the top.

Ouch!!

Can't see many being OK with that.

If you're Tampa, Foles has always played well against them. They could think Foles is better in their offense than either Winston or Mariota and get a shitload of picks besides.

As TO would say, Get Yo Popcorn Ready!!
Zero
I will have a sick feeling in my stomach if they do that.
Zero
And I don't want to lose Cox!
Dreagon
I just don't see it. That's the kind of move you make if you're going for a sure-fire future star like Luck, not a really good qb who is physically gifted but with no pro-style experience.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 2 2015, 03:50 PM) *
I just don't see it. That's the kind of move you make if you're going for a sure-fire future star like Luck, not a really good qb who is physically gifted but with no pro-style experience.

This "pro style experience" issue is horse hockey to a team that doesn't play a . . . uh . . . you know . . . "pro style" offense.

For OUR offense, he's got more than a bit of evidence built up supporting his ability to play.

I'm not saying we should (or shouldn't) do it. I'm just saying that his experiential level within a "pro style" offense is an utterly nonsensical issue, and more than a bit lazy from a rhetorical point of view.

It's akin to saying he can't play ball because we've never seen him play with his back to the basket on the low block.
JeeQ
Don't see the need for us to move up all the way to #1... Can't see Tampa not going with Winston
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 3 2015, 03:57 AM) *
Don't see the need for us to move up all the way to #1... Can't see Tampa not going with Winston

I agree with you, but just to play devil's advocate... devil03.gif

What if we give up the farm to move into the top 5, and Tampa DOES end up taking MM. What then? We don't want Winston, and there isn't anyone else there to make that worth it. Does that mean you have to go to #1 to make damned sure you get your guy?

I'd rather overpay for some insurance than roll the dice and lose...to an extent.

What say you?
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 2 2015, 06:17 PM) *
I agree with you, but just to play devil's advocate... devil03.gif

What if we give up the farm to move into the top 5, and Tampa DOES end up taking MM. What then? We don't want Winston, and there isn't anyone else there to make that worth it. Does that mean you have to go to #1 to make damned sure you get your guy?

I'd rather overpay for some insurance than roll the dice and lose...to an extent.

What say you?

The way it would work in practice is that you work out deals contingent on "your guy" being there at whatever spot you are moving up to. So if you have a deal with Jax at #3 and Mariota is gone by then, then there is no deal. This prevents a team from making the blunder you mentioned above.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 3 2015, 08:46 AM) *
The way it would work in practice is that you work out deals contingent on "your guy" being there at whatever spot you are moving up to. So if you have a deal with Jax at #3 and Mariota is gone by then, then there is no deal. This prevents a team from making the blunder you mentioned above.

Well that's no fun! What are we offseason pre-draft conspiracy theorists to do with ourselves?
JaxEagle
BARF!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.