Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Howie Chimes in" Not a fan of trading up
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/03...t_story_package

Not surprising that he thinks that way.

A little surprising that he would say it.

Is this just an honest reply to an honest question?

Or is he separating himself from something he thinks will fail?

Or is he blowing smoke, hoping to disguise what we want to do?

Interesting tidbit for a slow winter day.

My guess it's the first or second reason.
Zero
Have the Eagles or any member of the organization ever commented or hinted that they wanted to trade up for Mariota? I raised this before, is it possible this is either a huge, mass supposition by the media or a smoke screen? I'd have to assume there have been leaks or comments from someone inside NovaCare but I don't remember anyone going on record. If it's a smoke screen, I don't understand what's to gain.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 1 2015, 11:14 AM) *
Have the Eagles or any member of the organization ever commented or hinted that they wanted to trade up for Mariota? I raised this before, is it possible this is either a huge, mass supposition by the media or a smoke screen? I'd have to assume there have been leaks or comments from someone inside NovaCare but I don't remember anyone going on record. If it's a smoke screen, I don't understand what's to gain.

I have not heard anyone say it. Only thing was Chip's over the top praise, which if they wanted him, was not the smartest thing to do. But, if they didn't think there was a shot to get him, then it wasn't a stupid thing to do.

Maybe this is all to do about nothing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.