Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whoa: Iggles release Big Todd
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
He was a good iggle for a long time.

Herremins gone
Eyrie
I saw the rumours on Twitter earlier.

An outright release surprises me although I've already said that we need to take a G in the middle rounds to start in 2016 as both Herremans and Mathis are the wrong side of 30.

However I suppose it's good timing to let him go in advance of FA as that gives him a decent chance of a deal elsewhere compared to being cut after the draft or pre-season.

He was a good reliable player for us for many years, so he has my thanks and best wishes.
JeeQ
Kelly's team... Kelly's players

27 Million in Cap Space though....

I'd be playing Madden with our team this season with those kind of numbers:

1.) Trade up for Mariota
2.) Trade Shady For Picks/Players
3.) Sign Adrian Beatherson
4.) Sign Maxwell
5.) Commence SuperBowling
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Feb 26 2015, 02:06 PM) *
I'd be playing Madden with our team this season with those kind of numbers:

Lemme guess, you were a 'play action bomb on 4th down deep in your own zone' guy? Or did you prefer the fake punt pass?
nephillymike
I'm I the only one who thought Herremans was much better than any of the other backup who sucked soo badly last year when given a shot?

I thought he was average in 2013 but acquitted himself well playing next to the rookie.

I can see this move if they want him to take a pay cut and come back at a lower rate. But I feel a little dirty about it given he was injured and tried to tough it out. Realstically, he has no shot at getting paid near that amount with the injury.

He's a good guy and always treated our guys well. Real down to earth guy. He has some restuarant business in the city.

Hopefully he comes back this year.

The only way I'm OK with this is that they cut other "average" or below high priced veterans.

If Todd isn't worth $5M, Sconces sure as hell ain't worth $8M.

Cleanse away Chip, cleanse away.

samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 27 2015, 12:44 PM) *
I'm I the only one who thought Herremans was much better than any of the other backup who sucked soo badly last year when given a shot?

I thought he was average in 2013 but acquitted himself well playing next to the rookie.

I can see this move if they want him to take a pay cut and come back at a lower rate. But I feel a little dirty about it given he was injured and tried to tough it out. Realstically, he has no shot at getting paid near that amount with the injury.

He's a good guy and always treated our guys well. Real down to earth guy. He has some restuarant business in the city.

Hopefully he comes back this year.

The only way I'm OK with this is that they cut other "average" or below high priced veterans.

If Todd isn't worth $5M, Sconces sure as hell ain't worth $8M.

Cleanse away Chip, cleanse away.

I'd like to see him back as well. I always thought of him as one of the "core" Eagles.
JaxEagle
Sam, Mikey,

Totally agree. Everyone liked Todd as an Eagle. Whoever signs him will be getting a good value for 2-3 seasons.
JeeQ
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 26 2015, 04:07 PM) *
Lemme guess, you were a 'play action bomb on 4th down deep in your own zone' guy? Or did you prefer the fake punt pass?

4th Down Bomb if it's 5 yards or more... otherwise it's the Fake Punt Pass

Andy Reid would be so be proud of me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.