Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Apparently Mariota did very well at the combine
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
From what I've read, he threw well and is acing his interviews. No chance he gets to Philly.

Assuming wink.gif the Eagles fill major secondary holes in FA, is QB enough of a need to take Hundley at 20? Apparently he threw really well too but isn't as developed as either Winston or Mariota. Does he even make it to 20 or is he still a second rounder?
nephillymike
The big story is that Winston did very well, which they are saying should cement him as Tampa's #1 pick.

Ideally, you'd like them both to drop, but if one had to take control of the #1 spot, better it Winston, IMO.

That means that Mariota makes it to #2. If he can get past Ten at #2, it is doable to get him. Expensive but doable.

If TEN wants him, then he ain't coming here.

You can play the game where you let JAX pick at #3 which won't be a QB and Oak won't pick one at #4, but IMO, you need to get to #3 or #4 to prevent teams who need QB's from trading into those spots.

He won't get past #6, and may not get past #2.

Saturday could have gone better.
koolaidluke
Manziel had a great combine and he fell really far. Mariota isn't quite as terrible as Johnny Football, but he is still an awful QB. I don't believe Chip has any interest in him in the first round.

Chip has shown zero interest in any sort of "running" QB. He dumped Vick and worships the statuesqe Foles. He drafted Barkley in brought in Sanchez. I see the Eagles picking a QB in the mid to late rounds, but it won't be a mobile QB. Who I could see really interesting Chip is Petty.
Pbfan
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Feb 22 2015, 03:01 PM) *
Mariota isn't quite as terrible as Johnny Football, but he is still an awful QB. I don't believe Chip has any interest in him in the first round.

I agree with one of those statements
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.