Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If the Eagles stay at 20
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Let's assume the Eagles can't do a deal to land Mariota. Who do you hope they draft?

For me, Shaq Thompson is an intriguing prospect. He seems like an extremely talented wild card that could be used at Safety or OLB, ST or RB.
Dreagon
In this particular draft, I think any team in the bottom third should consider trading back as an option.
samaroo
This draft seems short on S, but fairly deep at CB. I hear we might need some secondary help, so one of those would be nice...
Zero
Oh, and what happens if Winston slides to 20 because of his character issues?
HobbEs
You take the best DB available. Thompson is an intriguing prospect but not in the 1st round.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 19 2015, 08:55 AM) *
Oh, and what happens if Winston slides to 20 because of his character issues?

"Character issues?" He's a fucking rapist who's been caught stealing crab legs from a grocery store and using ketchup cups to steal soda from a Burger King. This piece of shit thug is destined for prison once he comes into millions of dollars, and the franchise that drafts him deserves a decade of 0-16 seasons. He represents all that is corrupt and wrong with the NCAA.

Oh, and to answer your question - if he's there at 20, we should call him, tell him we won't be drafting him because he's a scumbag and that we hope he gets ALS, and then draft the best available DB.

Eyrie
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Feb 19 2015, 02:18 PM) *
You take the best DB available. Thompson is an intriguing prospect but not in the 1st round.

Agreed on the DB. Don't know enough about Thomas though.
JeeQ
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 19 2015, 07:38 AM) *
"Character issues?" He's a fucking rapist who's been caught stealing crab legs from a grocery store and using ketchup cups to steal soda from a Burger King. This piece of shit thug is destined for prison once he comes into millions of dollars, and the franchise that drafts him deserves a decade of 0-16 seasons. He represents all that is corrupt and wrong with the NCAA.

Oh, and to answer your question - if he's there at 20, we should call him, tell him we won't be drafting him because he's a scumbag and that we hope he gets ALS, and then draft the best available DB.

So you're saying he's going to the Raiders? On second thought everything you said sounds right on par for your average Floridian... Tampa Bay it is!
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Feb 20 2015, 12:15 PM) *
So you're saying he's going to the Raiders? On second thought everything you said sounds right on par for your average Floridian... Tampa Bay it is!

As a born-and-raised Floridian, I would like to take offense at that, but can't out of pure agreement...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (samaroo @ Feb 20 2015, 12:54 AM) *
As a born-and-raised Floridian, I would like to take offense at that, but can't out of pure agreement...

Off topic, I'm seriously about to move to Florida. If not for the fact that I don't have really any connections down there and would have to find a replacement job, I'd be there already.
samaroo
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 21 2015, 01:54 AM) *
Off topic, I'm seriously about to move to Florida. If not for the fact that I don't have really any connections down there and would have to find a replacement job, I'd be there already.

Where? Florida is like 4 states in one. Where you live there matters a lot.

Also, as a lifelong FSU fan (born and raised in FL, family is from Philly...go figure) I DO NOT WANT Winston anywhere near the Eagles. I don't care if he steals seafood from the stadium vendors, I don't see how he can be a good asset in a locker room of adult, professional atheletes.

He would ruin all our #culture.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (samaroo @ Feb 22 2015, 06:26 PM) *
Where? Florida is like 4 states in one. Where you live there matters a lot.

I've always been partial to Pinellas County. I love the Gulf, and I'd get to see the Phillies lose in March while sipping cocktails.
samaroo
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 23 2015, 09:07 AM) *
I've always been partial to Pinellas County. I love the Gulf, and I'd get to see the Phillies lose in March while sipping cocktails.

That's a good life right there! Relaxed, very low-key, barefoot, front-porch-in-a-rocking-chair kind of place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.