Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I had a great thought today. What If..................
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Chip knew that he wanted Mariota in the 2015 draft and planned for it in 2014?

What if he was one step ahead of me and just about every other theorist out there?

What if last January, after deciding that Jackson wasn't for him, he directed the "thought to be General manager malpractice" idea of getting NOTHING for Jackson AND spending none of his money on anyone?

What if he did this to have cap money in 2015 to buy the talent upgrades in FA this year to make up for the lost draft picks he knew would be neccessary to move up and get Mariota?

What if he did this knowing that it would be his one shot of landing his guy?

That thought brought a smile to my face.

That unorthodox thinking could definitely ruffle the feathers of an existing GM who prefered that his scouts had a say in building the team this year. Also, remember, Howie was a big Jackson supporter.
samaroo
See! More proof of Chip's genius! He's two steps ahead of everybody! girly08.gif
Zero
If it weren't being rude, I'd say what if your wife threw a glass of cold water on you instead of shaking you awake. devil03.gif
HobbEs
HOUSEoPAIN
Eyrie
Then he should have made sure we could get Mariota by starting Barkley when Foles went down.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 18 2015, 02:31 PM) *
Then he should have made sure we could get Mariota by starting Barkley when Foles went down.

I think it's a sarcastic post.

At least I hope so.....
samaroo
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 19 2015, 04:52 AM) *

At least I hope so.....

But what if it's confirmed later by a "source close to the team?" Then you'd have to bow down to Chip's far superior intellect, right?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (samaroo @ Feb 18 2015, 06:35 PM) *
But what if it's confirmed later by a "source close to the team?" Then you'd have to bow down to Chip's far superior intellect, right?

If anyone on the defense says being out there for 40 mins a game is good, then I have to bow down before The Genius.
samaroo
Well, bend those knees, buddy! I just heard that exact thing from a friend of mine, whose dad makes deliveries to one of the trainers' neighbors!
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 18 2015, 02:52 PM) *

At least I hope so.....

Not sarcastic. It just popped in my head yesterday and it gots me to thinking.

I know that's dangerous. Quicksdraw always warned that HE'D do the thinnin round here!!

BTW, Mutley is one of the most underappreciated cartoon characters. I always thought they should show him when Utley comes to the plate with that laugh of Mutley
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 18 2015, 08:56 PM) *
Not sarcastic. It just popped in my head yesterday and it gots me to thinking.

I know that's dangerous. Quicksdraw always warned that HE'D do the thinnin round here!!

BTW, Mutley is one of the most underappreciated cartoon characters. I always thought they should show him when Utley comes to the plate with that laugh of Mutley

Then I'd say he failed because he won 10 games putting him out of reach of his target.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 19 2015, 06:32 AM) *
Then I'd say he failed because he won 10 games putting him out of reach of his target.

Yeah that's why I assumed he was being sarcastic. From starting Sanchez instead of Barkley, to swinging his dick around and beating the Giants after being eliminated from playoff contention (costing us 4 spots), The Genius's Master PlanTM isn't going too well.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (samaroo @ Feb 18 2015, 08:41 PM) *
Well, bend those knees, buddy! I just heard that exact thing from a friend of mine, whose dad makes deliveries to one of the trainers' neighbors!

samaroo
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 20 2015, 12:42 AM) *
The Genius's Master PlanTM

How is this not a T-shirt?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (samaroo @ Feb 19 2015, 07:35 PM) *
How is this not a T-shirt?

I should start making and selling them.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 19 2015, 10:42 AM) *
Yeah that's why I assumed he was being sarcastic. From starting Sanchez instead of Barkley, to swinging his dick around and beating the Giants after being eliminated from playoff contention (costing us 4 spots), The Genius's Master PlanTM isn't going too well.

yeah, not smart it would seem. will cost us a 3rd round pick to make up the 4 slots. maybe he thought he owed his veterans to play the best guys in the game. I mean, how many Hinkies can one city take?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 20 2015, 08:17 PM) *
how many Hinkies can one city take?

As it stands right now, I'm tempted to think that the franchise in this city that has the best chance to be the one who takes us to another championship is the Sixers a couple years from now. After this year's draft we might be looking at the future - unless Hinkie completely fucks it up of course.

I'll say this - Brett Brown is one damn good coach considering the shit sandwich he's been given.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.