Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Agency
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Guesses, hopes, needs ...

Who knows if the Eagles will have the same approach to FA. I don't think we'll see another Dream Team but there may be lots of second and third level activity. March 10 begins the FA auctions and my guess is that the Eagles will try to fill a couple of need positions and bolster their reserves. Last year they resigned a couple of their own then invested in a safety, a CB and a couple of STers and added Sproles via trade. New FA players: one second tier safety, a second/third tier CB and two productive STers.
Their own:
Peters
Cooper
Kelce
Maclin
Thorton
Jones
Allen

New:
Jenkins
Carroll
Maragos
Braman
Sanchez

Trade:
Sproles
Going in to 2014 they needed a back-up QB, two safeties, a CB, OLB, DL depth and OL depth. This year they need a back-up QB, a CB, S, ILB, OLB, OL depth.
Their own:
Maclin
Polk
Matthews

New:
Ron Parker, S KC
Clint Boling, G CIN
Rolando McLain, ILB DAL
Chris Culliver, CB SF

Trade:
Austin Davis, QB STL
Times yours.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 15 2015, 08:00 AM) *
Guesses, hopes, needs ...

Who knows if the Eagles will have the same approach to FA. I don't think we'll see another Dream Team but there may be lots of second and third level activity. March 10 begins the FA auctions and my guess is that the Eagles will try to fill a couple of need positions and bolster their reserves. Last year they resigned a couple of their own then invested in a safety, a CB and a couple of STers and added Sproles via trade. New FA players: one second tier safety, a second/third tier CB and two productive STers.
Going in to 2014 they needed a back-up QB, two safeties, a CB, OLB, DL depth and OL depth. This year they need a back-up QB, a CB, S, ILB, OLB, OL depth.
Times yours.

I like Boling and Parker from your list.

I would go top shelf on CB, either Maxwell or Revis and I'll take your guy Culliver. Make room by cutting or not signing Sconces, Allen and Fletcher. Since I'm adding another CB, I would have to give up on a ILB and keep fingers crossed some of injured guys come back and can play. I agree with signing the three you have. Matthews did a decent job and should come cheap.

One thing about the offense vs defense debate. On offense, I'm certain we have te right guy at the helm in Chip and Shurmer. On defense, Davis hasn't impressed. Everyone and their mother knew our weakness was our horrible CB's and game after game, there they were in man to man against excellent WR's, beate n like a drum repeatedly. You have to put your guys in position to succeed. Davis didn't do that. I think a decent DC may have done a lot more with this group. I really like him as a standup guy, but not sold as a DC.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 15 2015, 11:17 AM) *
One thing about the offense vs defense debate. On offense, I'm certain we have te right guy at the helm in Chip and Shurmer. On defense, Davis hasn't impressed. Everyone and their mother knew our weakness was our horrible CB's and game after game, there they were in man to man against excellent WR's, beate n like a drum repeatedly. You have to put your guys in position to succeed. Davis didn't do that. I think a decent DC may have done a lot more with this group. I really like him as a standup guy, but not sold as a DC.

True, but that's why you have a head coach. Every decision made by the coordinators (especially repeated bad ones) ultimately fall on him.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 15 2015, 12:08 PM) *
True, but that's why you have a head coach. Every decision made by the coordinators (especially repeated bad ones) ultimately fall on him.

I hear you.

If I were Chip, it would take a long discussion to convince me that this team wasn't better with Boykin as an every down starter and Carroll the #3 CB vs. the drek we had out there. And also, why our goal was to stop the run, so as to force teams to do the thing we all feared most: pass the ball!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.