Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A bit of a different take on Kelly vs Roseman
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Is it possible that Howie had the Eagles board all wrong ... for his coach? Was Howie a team player or an autocrat?
A team's draft board isn't just a list of players, it's a collection of settled arguments. If the GM and the head coach are fighting on draft day over whether or not they should take an -- at best! -- fifth round talent two rounds earlier, then those arguments are happening way too late.
Good point.
Linc ...
JaxEagle
So Marcus Smith was a Howie pick? I would assume the two Oregon reaches were not a case of Howie forcing that down Chip's throat?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Feb 13 2015, 08:21 AM) *
So Marcus Smith was a Howie pick? I would assume the two Oregon reaches were not a case of Howie forcing that down Chip's throat?

I don't believe a damn thing about this organization that I hear, from them or from the media. Listening to them reminds me of descriptions of the Politburo's press releases. One thing we know for sure: it's Chip's show now. We'll see what he does on draft day.
nephillymike
I don't remember if it was Caplan or Barrett Brooks (I think it was BB), who was on a plane ride out to the combine last year with the Eagles coaching/scouting team. He said Howie's guys didn't say anything to the coaches and vice versa. Two different factions. That is never good.

I agree that the board is a list of arguments settled. He has a good point.
BTW, who the heck it the writer of the blog?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.