Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riley KKKooper Graces The Philadelphia Eagle's Calendar For Black History Month
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ

The Philadelphia Eagles tell TMZ Sports the fact that Riley Cooper was selected as the photo for February in the official team calendar was an "honest mistake" ... and they're looking into it.
Of course, Cooper made national headlines at a Kenny Chesney concert back in 2013 when he was caught on camera saying, "I will jump that fence and fight every n***** here."
The Eagles fined Cooper for his actions at the time. He later apologized and then-QB Mike Vick vouched for him and said he wasn't a racist.
Which is why it was surprising that the wide receiver was picked to represent February -- Black History Month -- in the official team calendar.
"If anything, it was an honest mistake," Eagles PR rep Brett Strohsacker tells TMZ Sports.
Strohsacker says an independent company was used to put the calender together -- and says the Eagles are investigating to find out why Cooper was selected to be February.
He adds, "I will look into this issue and see what the thought process was."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/12/nfls-riley-c.../#ixzz3RZQMvD00

HOUSEoPAIN
*yawn*
SAM I Am
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 13 2015, 11:40 AM) *
*yawn*

Well, it is the off season. As a matter of fact, at this time of the year, it is as off season as off season can get.
Eyrie
I'm more surprised that he was thought worthy of being the featured player on a calendar. We've got two dozen players who should be ahead of him for that honour.
nephillymike
Yeah really.

He's probably 25th or so in the pecking order for calendar worthiness.
JeeQ
Do you know how hard it is to find Eagles news in February when the Eagles haven't been relevant since December?!

You ungrateful sons of bitches!

Ya'll ain't nothing without David Ruffin!

Eyrie
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Feb 15 2015, 04:39 AM) *
Do you know how hard it is to find Eagles news in February when the Eagles haven't been relevant since December?!

You ungrateful sons of bitches!

Ya'll ain't nothing without David Ruffin!

OK, let's play!

Each reply to this thread has to name one player more deserving of a calendar spot than Cooper, with their reasoning. The rules are one player per post, and no-one can make two consecutive posts. Let's see how long before Cooper gets mentioned.

What else are we going to do until FA arrives?

I'll start with Kelce. Our entire offense struggled when he was out injured, and both the running and passing games improved once he was healthy.
Zero
I'll play even if the thread title pisses me off.

Mychal Kendricks ... the guy is an emerging star. He plays all over the field, is a very good blitzer and a solid tackler. He can not only blitz, he's solid against the run and is good in coverage. For a team that didn't value LBs for more than a decade watching Kendricks is a joy.
HOUSEoPAIN
I'll play too, but do we really have to waste time on the obvious ones? Does anyone know the other 11 who are actually on the calendar, so we can go from there?

Connor Barwin. He's had a solid career for 4 years as a Texan and Eagle, but this year he came to life and was arguably the defensive MVP, and went to his first Pro Bowl. After years of having an awesome secondary and a shitty linebacking corps, he's now the leader of a pretty damn good linebacking corps, to try to make up for our shitty secondary.

Zero
Barwin is a good one.
nephillymike
I'll take the Def MVP, Fletcher Cox
Eyrie
Staying on the defensive side of the ball, #5 is Cedric Thornton. From undrafted FA to Mr Reliable on the DL.

QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 15 2015, 02:01 PM) *
I'll play too, but do we really have to waste time on the obvious ones? Does anyone know the other 11 who are actually on the calendar, so we can go from there?

Not a clue, but nominating the less obvious candidates first is in the spirit of the game.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 16 2015, 02:10 PM) *
Staying on the defensive side of the ball, #5 is Cedric Thornton. From undrafted FA to Mr Reliable on the DL.

Cody Parkey. Won his job by making two 50+ yarders in the preseason, and found himself in the Pro Bowl. Only missed 4 kicks all year, and was perfect from beyond 50.
samaroo
As-yet-unnamed new starting CB. Will undoubtably revamp the defense, allowing > 3 long TD passes per game, and under 5 missed tackles.

Okay, I'll be serious now. Brent Celek. He has all the #culture Chip is looking for, and always comes down with the tough catch. Also, seems to pump up the crowd and team at opportune times.

However, in my perfect world, every calendar would be 12 pictures of Dawk. I don't care what year it is.
Eyrie
#8 Is Chris Maragos, one of the key men on a very impressive special teams unit.
Zero
How about that Jason Peters! Still a stud LT jumpclap.gif
Eyrie
And opposite him is #10, the ever improving Lane Johnson.
HOUSEoPAIN
Zach Ertz. An obvious one I guess, but we're running out of players.....

I disagree with Maragos FWIW - Cooper blows, but c'mon..... biggrin.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 18 2015, 07:51 PM) *
Zach Ertz. An obvious one I guess, but we're running out of players.....

We're hardly running out if we've barely mentioned the obvious. So #12 is McCoy, arguably the best at his position in the league.

I disagree with Maragos FWIW - Cooper blows, but c'mon..... biggrin.gif

STs is much improved and he's an important reason why tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.