Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good reading on Chip and Marynowitz
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Obviously opinions but more positive stuff on FO shakeup.
"I think they're going to be OK. We'll have a better idea after the draft, obviously. If Tom Gamble were still in the building, we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion. But because of Ed's age and inexperience, there are going to be some initial questions. But he's a smart kid. And they've got other experienced guys there. They've got [senior football adviser] Tom Donahoe."
"Because he [Chip] knows how to utilize talent, he's really at an advantage, because whoever he picks [in the draft], he'll know how he wants to use them and play to their strengths. That's why I really would like to know who made the decision on Marcus Smith last year. Because Marcus didn't have any special attributes. He was just a guy. I would really like to know the dynamics of how they settled on him [in the first round]. Was it Kelly's decision? Was it Roseman's?
Will we ever know?
Here ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 9 2015, 06:25 AM) *
Obviously opinions but more positive stuff on FO shakeup.
Will we ever know?
Here ...

I have some concerns.

1. Chip's overvaluation of Oregon players and wanting to draft Huff and Hart much higher than we could have gotten them. Roseman steered him away from quick triggers. Will Ed Marynowitz?

2. Chip's limited focus on players. Too PAC 10 heavy. It reminds me of when I went to college and seeing a lot of the Catholic League stars i was most familiar with playing for two Phila area teams and thinking those teams would be the best. However. the schools that had a wider net of scouting had the better players. If we limit ourselves like we have been to being PAC-10 happy, we will be too limited.

3. His assessment of Mark Sanchez after he signed here. Said he didn't even look at his pro game film. What kind of coach does that? Does he deem it improtant to look at game film of college players or only Por Days?

4. Will they know how to manipulate the draft board? Not jumping the gun? Knowing the fact that in most rounds, you will have ten or so guys ranked at the same level and it makes sense to trade down for more picks and let someone else jump the gun. Have the experience to know the weight to put on a workout in shorts vs. a college career of game film. Shorts will tell you that Mark Sanchez can play in your system. Game film tells you he will have a high turnover percentage. We'll see.

I'll give the La Salle guy a shot.
Zero
As he pointed out, they still have the likes of Donahoe on board. I share your concern and I'm hoping that Chip learned something last year with his takedown from Howie on those guys. He's supposedly very bright and a quick learner ... we'll see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.