Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More on Mariota trade up
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The guy is saying to move from #20 to the top four, we would have to give up this year's #20, this year's 2nd, next year's 1st and next year's 2nd. Ouch!!

the trade chart says #20 to #4 is a 950 point jump and we need to give up #20 plus 950 points.

2015 2nd = 380
2016 1st (assume 25thish) = 700
2016 2nd = 380

That's a total of 1460 points which is a premium of 510 points over chart value. 510 points is the 39th pick in the draft, which is a steep premium.

Is Foles worth the 39th pick? Can we do this year's 20th pick, next year's 1st, next year's 2nd and Foles for the pick we need to get Mariota? That way we keep this year's 2nd. I think we could. Would you? Still waffling here in the Northeast.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

http://optimumscouting.com/draft/mariota-e..._medium=twitter
Eyrie
Way too expensive given our other holes.

Besides, it would mean writing off 2015 whilst Mariota adjusts to the NFL.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 8 2015, 03:22 PM) *
The guy is saying to move from #20 to the top four, we would have to give up this year's #20, this year's 2nd, next year's 1st and next year's 2nd. Ouch!!

the trade chart says #20 to #4 is a 950 point jump and we need to give up #20 plus 950 points.

2015 2nd = 380
2016 1st (assume 25thish) = 700
2016 2nd = 380

That's a total of 1460 points which is a premium of 510 points over chart value. 510 points is the 39th pick in the draft, which is a steep premium.

Is Foles worth the 39th pick? Can we do this year's 20th pick, next year's 1st, next year's 2nd and Foles for the pick we need to get Mariota? That way we keep this year's 2nd. I think we could. Would you? Still waffling here in the Northeast.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

http://optimumscouting.com/draft/mariota-e..._medium=twitter

Lol, screw that insanity. That's Herschel and Ricky Williams-esque.
Pbfan
Massive mistake if we trade anything more than foles and a 2nd rounder. I know in the eyes of the dafter's, that's not much vs. a high #1 pick. However, I have yet to see anything out of this kid that makes me think he's the next Andrew Luck.
Zero
Depending on how much respect you have for Cosell, after reading this it sounds like either Mariota could fall to within reasonable grasp of the Eagles or Chip has rose colored glasses.
Here ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 9 2015, 08:02 PM) *
Depending on how much respect you have for Cosell, after reading this it sounds like either Mariota could fall to within reasonable grasp of the Eagles or Chip has rose colored glasses.
Here ...

I have a lot of respect for Cosell. Reading his assessment, it seems that Mariota is a reach. Maybe some other non QB's will move up and capture teams affections.
Dreagon
The simple fact is there are only two possible immediate starter QBs in this draft, and the FA market is the grimmest I've seen in years at the position. The early drafters know this and I have a feeling that anybody obviously trading up to grab Mariota or Winston are going to find it even more expensive than this guy projects.

I think you guy's most realistic option is to stick with Foles this year...with the possibility of grabbing a second round QB as a project. Y'all would be much better served using that first round pick on defensive backfield, or maybe linebacker since this year's draft is supposed to be deep in those.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 9 2015, 10:22 PM) *
The simple fact is there are only two possible immediate starter QBs in this draft, and the FA market is the grimmest I've seen in years at the position. The early drafters know this and I have a feeling that anybody obviously trading up to grab Mariota or Winston are going to find it even more expensive than this guy projects.

I think you guy's most realistic option is to stick with Foles this year...with the possibility of grabbing a second round QB as a project. Y'all would be much better served using that first round pick on defensive backfield, or maybe linebacker since this year's draft is supposed to be deep in those.

Due to the Chip/Marcus connection I'd be OK with him drafting the kid if he falls down to a reasonable spot for a non-mortgaging trade level. That said, it looks like otherwise we wait until the third or fourth to try and get a talented project.
Zero
Add this to the uh oh department:
"This is really fascinating because there are teams that are sitting at the top of the draft, according to executives that I've talked to, who would believe that they would prefer to have Sam Bradford, who's 27 and coming off basically missing the last year and a half of his career -- that they would rather have then take a chance on, say, somebody like Marcus Mariota or Jamies Winston because they have seen what Bradford can do. One caveat to this is: is Bradford healthy or not coming off of two ACL surgeries? But the belief is: take a shot with Bradford and save your first round draft pick and take somebody else."
Linc ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 10 2015, 06:18 AM) *
Add this to the uh oh department:
Linc ...

I will tell you this,

If anyone would take Bradford in the top ten picks, they better be interested in Foles. Foles is much better than Bradford. Add the salary difference and it is an enormous difference.

This is all good news.

Now we need Mariota not to show up for the combine, further adding speculation that his shoulder is ailing and drop him like Luca Brasi.

Zero
I like the Godfather reference! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.