Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mariota is falling a little bit!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Here are the sites, his draft position and his ranking among the prospects by each site

Site...................Draft Slot............Ranking
Draftec...................1........................2
CBS.......................6 & 6..................5
WalterFootball.........2........................8
ESPN......................2 &1..................4 & 6
NFL.Com.................18.....................11

Still too high, but moving in the right direction.
Zero
18???
Dreagon
Well, a lot of people might be remembering Johnny Manziel and wondering how this guy would perform in a standard pro offense. He would be a natural in a Chip Kelly offense but that's not what most teams run.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 1 2015, 02:33 PM) *
Well, a lot of people might be remembering Johnny Manziel and wondering how this guy would perform in a standard pro offense. He would be a natural in a Chip Kelly offense but that's not what most teams run.

manziel is a small guy with questionable skills which were masked by the offense he ran. many people were flat out saying he would be a bust long before the draft

people wonder how mariota will do in a pro style offense....not because of his lack of skills, size or intelligence, but just because they havent seen him yet
Pbfan
I don't think we should be particularly excited that teams are beginning to lower their draft stock in Mariota. It's probibaly for a very good reason. Lets not fall into the Jets' philosophy where you just draft the biggest name QB you can and think all your problems are going away
Birdman420
The jets problems aren't exactly the players or lack of players that they have. It's the management
Dreagon
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Feb 1 2015, 06:30 PM) *
The jets problems aren't exactly the players or lack of players that they have. It's the management

I'm really curious to see how Rex Ryan does in Buffalo. I think that could tell us a lot about where the problems with the Jets were.
Zero
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Feb 1 2015, 07:04 PM) *
I don't think we should be particularly excited that teams are beginning to lower their draft stock in Mariota. It's probibaly for a very good reason. Lets not fall into the Jets' philosophy where you just draft the biggest name QB you can and think all your problems are going away
There's a big difference ... Kelly recruited and coached Mariota. I realize that doesn't make him a good player, but it's not like they're grabbing the biggest name.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.