Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McCoy
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I love what McCoy can bring to any given play. His explosiveness and elusiveness is really hard to match. When the OL creates holes or when he can stretch the play outside the guy is amazing. He's developed into almost a Westbrook threat on the screen and there's nothing better than watching defenders tackle air when he's in the open field.

I don't think teaming him with Sproles is an effective changeup. Gassing the defense with tempo and Shady would be a lot more effective if Kelly would sprinkle in Polk a little more frequently. Follow up the WOW of McCoy and Sproles with the POW of Polk. I'm not sure how much more gas Sproles has left though.

This is supposed to be a loaded draft for RB. McCoy isn't quite the god to fans that Westy became but he's probably a more dangerous back. But, how much longer will he be Shady? Sounds like stupidity or sacrilege, but would the Eagles be smart to trade McCoy, keep Sproles and Polk and draft a young player? What would McCoy bring in a trade and what would the Eagles need to spend to replace him.

It would be an aggressive move, would benefit the $$$ (Mikey) but replace a known stud with an unproven. I'm not recommending a trade but I'm curious what people think beyond "that's stupid."
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 31 2015, 08:46 AM) *
I'm not recommending a trade but I'm curious what people think beyond "that's stupid."

Took the words right out of my mouth. tongue.gif

But seriously, the guy's 26 and despite a 'down' year still performed as one of the best backs in the NFL - while bipolar fans everywhere were screaming "he's done," and doing everything from suggesting we cut him to the unbelievably stupid putting blame on the amount of carries he had last year. Lo and behold, once the O-line became healthy, and we had a little offensive rhythm, all of that nonsense was proven wrong, as I kept saying all along. Can we please lay off the guy, at least until September? When we need a RB, we'll worry about getting one - 1,000 yard backs are a dime a dozen, but special ones like Shady aren't.

As for the rest of your post, agreed - it's a crime that McCoy and Sproles weren't on the field together at least 15 times a game, much less once or twice a game - and the few times they were on the field together, a good play occurred. The fact that they were confident in Polk having a few carries a game makes this even more of a head scratcher. Hopefully The Genius has watched the film on them.
nephillymike
I found it interesting that the people at PFF (or was it FO?) who crititcally grade the players, rated McCoy's play as bad on a elite-good-average-bad scale.

That would indicate that there could be something that the tape reviewers see that we don't.

So maybe there is room to trade him.

By cutting him, we'd free up 7.5M of cap room (another shot for me on the house).

But I think if we're planning to win now, than he needs to stick.

On a 1 hate him to 10 love him scale, I'm about a 7 on Shady. My biggest gripes being the dancing that costs yards and ball security. Despite his loaf of bread style, teams seem to rarely scheme to make him fumble. He did get better later in the year and 4.2 ypc is still pretty efficient.

Am I the only one disappointed with Sproles drops? He had a lot. Had another in the PB which reminded me of it. I loved the way he ran with it and I too would like to see him and Shady out there together more.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 31 2015, 04:36 PM) *
I found it interesting that the people at PFF (or was it FO?) who crititcally grade the players, rated McCoy's play as bad on a elite-good-average-bad scale.

That would indicate that there could be something that the tape reviewers see that we don't.

Or it could mean they don't know what they're talking about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.