Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And here...we....go
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain
We're not out of January and the first article claiming to have a "source" indicating the Eagles are going to try to move up for Marcus. It may take two maneuevers, and its still extremely unlikely to be successful, but who knows what will happen now that Chip has final cut on personell decisions.

Granted, its nj.com, which is an absolute joke, but still. Let the speculation begin.

article - nj.com is garbage tho

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 20 2015, 01:45 PM) *
It may take two maneuevers, and its still extremely unlikely to be successful, but who knows what will happen now that Chip has final cut on personell decisions.

We all pretty much agree that Chip gave Lurie an ultimatum, either he gets absolute power or he leaves, right? I have no problem believing part of that was setting up to do whatever it takes to get Mariota.

God help us all.....
Phits
Better that he succeed/fail with his desired personnel rather than spending his entire tenure wondering "what if".
JeeQ
Eagles will never pull it off... we're just not that lucky...

If anything we'll give up two 1st Rounders, a 2nd, and a 3rd to move up to Spot #4, just to have Marcus Mariota drafted at Spot #3... Why you ask? Because fuck the Eagles that's why!
BirdsWinBaby
it would appear that somebody down at NovaCare "knows what we have in Nick"
JaxEagle
If Chip goes after Mariotta it is a clear all-in bet. Of course I will be optimistic no matter what we do but I am not in favor of it. As far as Mariota is concerned, damn he'd have some serious pressure on him as a rookie.
Zero
If they do this, they'll need to stock up in FA (always a risk) to build a viable defense. If a player like McCoy is included in the deal they'll need to target a viable replacement.

I'm trying to think of what the smoke screen would be? Kelly and Mariotta is such an obvious marriage and too many teams above them want/need a QB. The price would be exorbitant. Could they be looking at doing something else?
Dreagon
You guys are drafting 20th, which means you have an outside shot at the best guy in a particular position, and definitely the second. I wouldn't be so sure they would want to trade up that far.
samaroo
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 21 2015, 10:58 AM) *
You guys are drafting 20th, which means you have an outside shot at the best guy in a particular position, and definitely the second. I wouldn't be so sure they would want to trade up that far.

Stop making sense, Dreagon! There is no room for that here!
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 20 2015, 08:49 PM) *
If they do this, they'll need to stock up in FA (always a risk) to build a viable defense. If a player like McCoy is included in the deal they'll need to target a viable replacement.

At $11m next year, McCoy makes too much money to be as attractive as you think IMO.

He is definitely one of the best RBs in the league so it's not talent that makes it unlikely that a team will assume that salary, it's because when you consider the other top RBs you can see that you don't need to pay that up front to a guy to get top tier production.

Also consider that AP might be available as well as demarco murray. In addition to the fact that those guys can offer elusiveness ANND between the tackles running (shady is mostly a dancer) You can get them and structure the contract in a way that favors your cap vs Shady's money.

Teams ain't trading for Shady

Pbfan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 20 2015, 08:58 PM) *

You've got a bunch of early on that need a QB though. Most notably: Bucs, Rams, Titans, Jets, etc...

At some positions we def could get the best out there, but I dont think it will be QB
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 20 2015, 08:14 PM) *
As far as Mariota is concerned, damn he'd have some serious pressure on him as a rookie.

Yup. No more standing ovations as you enter your political science class after destroying South Dakota, ready to take that multiple choice mid-term. laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.