Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's Go Heads !
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
With the Cheatriots and the loud mouthed Seahawks playing, I'll bet heads on the coin toss and that will be that.

Unbelievable.

How about him keeping Brady in the game that late. If I were the INdy D I would have told Bellicheat, you either get him out of the game or we'll do it for you. Tossing passes up by 38. That's class.

And then we have the assholes from SEA yelling at everyone for being disrespected.

It's brutal.
Dreagon
Our only hope for a good outcome is for Brady to get flushed out of the pocket and Sherman to run up to stop him. Then when they collide their egos merge and hit critical mass, causing them both to implode and form a massive black hole of arrogance that sucks both teams into it before sinking to the center of the earth.
Birdman420
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 18 2015, 11:24 PM) *
Our only hope for a good outcome is for Brady to get flushed out of the pocket and Sherman to run up to stop him. Then when they collide their egos merge and hit critical mass, causing them both to implode and form a massive black hole of arrogance that sucks both teams into it before sinking to the center of the earth.

lol
JaxEagle
Can't stand:

Belichick, New England, Sherman, Lynch, Carroll, PNW Tree-Huggers

Don't dislike him as much as most people do:

Brady

Like:

Russell Wilson, Seahawks Uniforms

With that scientific formula, I think I will pull for Seattle.
HOUSEoPAIN
With the Cheatriots and the loud mouthed Seahawks playing, I'll bet heads on the coin toss and that will be that.

Ugh. Bandwagon jumping fraud '12s' vs. the Evil Empire. Obviously everyone here should be pulling for the Seahawks, reluctantly. I think they'll pull it off too, with relative comfort.

As far as the latest cheating scandal goes, *yawn.* Whatever. When you get stomped by 38 points, worry about something else besides purposely deflated balls.....

How about him keeping Brady in the game that late. If I were the INdy D I would have told Bellicheat, you either get him out of the game or we'll do it for you. Tossing passes up by 38. That's class.

I'm shocked. Not that Brady was in there, tossing deep passes from the shotgun up by 38, but that Indy let him get away with it. I would've offered a bounty to the first guy to spear him in the kneecaps. Belicheat has played with matches like this for years, it's amazing he's never had to pay for it. In baseball equivalency, Brady would've received about 50 beanballs to the head by now, and they would've stopped running up the score on opponents years ago.

Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 18 2015, 10:09 PM) *

GB went into conservative mood up by 2 scores 5 mins left and now they get to watch the SB instead of playing in it. If you don't like scores getting run up on ya, play harder. This isn't peewee football, it's the pro's. Play hard until the final whistle.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 19 2015, 02:09 PM) *
GB went into conservative mood up by 2 scores 5 mins left and now they get to watch the SB instead of playing in it. If you don't like scores getting run up on ya, play harder. This isn't peewee football, it's the pro's. Play hard until the final whistle.

19-7 is much different than 38-7 and their 'conservative game plan' isn't why they lost, but I've already won this argument against you several times, and don't feel the need to do it again. That was classless and unnecessary, and he's lucky he has a healthy QB going into the SB.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 19 2015, 02:56 PM) *
19-7 is much different than 38-7 and their 'conservative game plan' isn't why they lost, but I've already won this argument against you several times, and don't feel the need to do it again. That was classless and unnecessary, and he's lucky he has a healthy QB going into the SB.

You sound like a bitter ex-girlfriend. You play hard until the final whistle. You don't take your foot off the gas pedal, or you get burnt...as evidenced by Seattle's unlikely come from behind win yesterday.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 19 2015, 01:29 PM) *
Belicheat has played with matches like this for years, it's amazing he's never had to pay for it. In baseball equivalency, Brady would've received about 50 beanballs to the head by now, and they would've stopped running up the score on opponents years ago.

yup
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 19 2015, 03:19 PM) *
You sound like a bitter ex-girlfriend. You play hard until the final whistle. You don't take your foot off the gas pedal, or you get burnt...as evidenced by Seattle's unlikely come from behind win yesterday.

If you are going to take that slant, than you should have no problem with me knocking your QB out while I'm playing hard to the final whistle, because they should be blocking hard until the final whistle.

And if I should happen to call an all out blitz and send 11 on the pass rush with all of them piling on the QB, we'll it may not be a great strategic defense as the screen pass would result in a TD, but I would be playing hard to the final whistle.

Back in the day of late teens tackle football with no pads, where neighborhoods played each other, you wouldn't run it up for fear of the dogpile on the QB defense.

Classless Belicheat.

No surprise there.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 19 2015, 07:48 PM) *
If you are going to take that slant, than you should have no problem with me knocking your QB out while I'm playing hard to the final whistle, because they should be blocking hard until the final whistle.

As long as it is within the rules of the game.

And if I should happen to call an all out blitz and send 11 on the pass rush with all of them piling on the QB, we'll it may not be a great strategic defense as the screen pass would result in a TD, but I would be playing hard to the final whistle.

What if you did that on the first play of the game?

Back in the day of late teens tackle football with no pads, where neighborhoods played each other, you wouldn't run it up for fear of the dogpile on the QB defense.

There was also "mercy" rules in streetball. Perhaps the NFL should implement those kind of rules as well?

Dreagon
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 19 2015, 07:46 AM) *
With that scientific formula, I think I will pull for Seattle.

Go Seahawks!

*twitch twitch*

Go Seahawks!

*twitch twitch*

Go Seahawks!

*twitch twitch GAG!*

Augh! This is NOT going to be easy!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 19 2015, 08:46 AM) *
PNW Tree-Huggers

I'll take PNW tree-huggers over Boston *can't type it here* any day.
make_it_rain
I've never had a problem with Brady and co. running up the score on teams. I think its pretty funny actually. Going for it on fourth down up by 30 in the fourth quarter. LOL.

If they want to risk the health of their star players trying to step on the neck of a team they have already broken, thats their prerogative, the way I see it. The other team can stop them or just tee off on the New England players still in the game.

Matchup wise, this SB is almost as bad as 2011, when it was giants patriots. Im primarily pulling for a close entertaining game (and for my prop bets to hit cool.gif ) but if I had to pick a team I want to win I go with Brady and co because the Seattle fan base is just so obnoxious. That whole "12th man" shtick is beyond gay.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 20 2015, 10:38 AM) *
That whole "12th man" shtick is beyond gay.

It was ok when it was a fresh story but now it is over the top for sure. There's just not that much to it.. gay that they keep playing it up...
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 20 2015, 10:07 AM) *
I'll take PNW tree-huggers over Boston *can't type it here* any day.

I think i know how to fill in that blank. I agree. I will take a peaceful ignorant weed smokin lib over an aggressive idiotic world changing lib any day wink.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
but if I had to pick a team I want to win I go with Brady and co because the Seattle fan base is just so obnoxious. That whole "12th man" shtick is beyond gay.

As opposed to fucking Boston fans?!?!?! Hey I'm with you, the whole '12' fraud is more old and lame than the tomahawk chop in Atlanta, but Boston sports fans are the worst kind of whiny, obnoxious dipshits on earth. I like Mets fans better. Hell, NJ-born Cowboys fans I hate only slightly more. I'll be cheering heartily for Seattle.

As for Seattle fans, I routinely troll Richard Sherman's facebook page, making all sorts of 'bandwagon' and 'fraud' comments. It's very entertaining how defensive they get, try it sometime.
Phits
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 20 2015, 10:38 AM) *
That whole "12th man" shtick is beyond gay.

It's no worse than the "Lambeau mystique" or the "obnoxious" Philly fans. It's just a play on fandom to make people believe that repping for their home team makes a difference.

Of course when you only have 2 home losses (incl. playoffs) in 3 seasons there may something behind the 12th man 'schtick'.

(2014) 9W 1L
(2013) 9W 1L
(2012) 8W 0L
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 20 2015, 05:23 PM) *
It's no worse than the "Lambeau mystique" or the "obnoxious" Philly fans.

Are you serious? Its far worse in my opinion. When Philly fans start referring to themselves as "twelves", we can talk.

Also, I know cities everywhere jump on the bandwagon when their teams start winning, but Seattle is reaaaallllly the worst woth it. The team was close to leaving the city in the late 90'sbefore Paul Allen stepped in, they have a few years of success, and all of the sudden these "passionate" fans all start coming out of the woodwork, very conveniently right when they started winning.

All I'm saying is, you're not likely to see too many Reebok Seahawks jerseys walking around Seattle.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 20 2015, 04:23 PM) *
Of course when you only have 2 home losses (incl. playoffs) in 3 seasons there may something behind the 12th man 'schtick'.

(2014) 9W 1L
(2013) 9W 1L
(2012) 8W 0L

Yeah, it's called an 'elite team.' Funny that Jon Kitna didn't get the same kind of support. Whoever designed that stadium should be given the Nobel Prize.
samaroo
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 22 2015, 12:14 AM) *
All I'm saying is, you're not likely to see too many Reebok Seahawks jerseys walking around Seattle.

This is poignant, and funny!
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 21 2015, 11:15 AM) *
Yeah, it's called an 'elite team.' Funny that Jon Kitna didn't get the same kind of support. Whoever designed that stadium should be given the Nobel Prize.

The point is that fans are given the illusion that there presence (not their dollars) are valued by the team. In the case of the Seahawks the "12th man" schtick has fans participating and the players feed off the energy. The media plays up on this schtick (like they do in the case of Eagle fanatics)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.