Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I guess Geno Smith and EJ Manuel are done
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Both the Bills and Jets are ticketed to get new QB's.

The Bill's already went to Orton, but he retired.

All the "experts" are saying that no way Mariota gets past the Jets at #6.

It's a crapshoot this NFL draft is.
make_it_rain
I wish I could get paid to be as bad at my job as those "experts" are. Seriously, if you're ever bored on a rainy sunday (like I was today) just google "mel kiper draft fails" or "mcshay draft fails" for a good laugh. Some of my favorites:

"Ki-Jana (Carter) could be the next Bo Jackson."

Jamarcus Russell: "Three years from now you could be looking at a guy thatís certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this leagueÖ look out because the skill level he has is certainly John Elway-like"

"If [Clausen is] not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, Iím done. Thatís it. Iím out."

What a life. The few times you're actually right you look brilliant and for all other cases you're basically paid handsomely to be wrong so long as you generate clicks/ad impressions.
nephillymike
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 18 2015, 02:49 PM) *
I wish I could get paid to be as bad at my job as those "experts" are. Seriously, if you're ever bored on a rainy sunday (like I was today) just google "mel kiper draft fails" or "mcshay draft fails" for a good laugh. Some of my favorites:

"Ki-Jana (Carter) could be the next Bo Jackson."

Jamarcus Russell: "Three years from now you could be looking at a guy thatís certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this leagueÖ look out because the skill level he has is certainly John Elway-like"

"If [Clausen is] not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, Iím done. Thatís it. Iím out."

What a life. The few times you're actually right you look brilliant and for all other cases you're basically paid handsomely to be wrong so long as you generate clicks/ad impressions.

I can't blame them though.

History has shown. based on teams' success, that it's a crap shoot. In that arena of inaccuracy, these guys probably look pretty accurate. It's like those old chemistry test in HS where a 50 gets you an A.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 18 2015, 03:51 PM) *
I can't blame them though.

History has shown. based on teams' success, that it's a crap shoot. In that arena of inaccuracy, these guys probably look pretty accurate. It's like those old chemistry test in HS where a 50 gets you an A.

Not only that, but a player's success or lack of frequently has a lot to do with his coaching, especially QBs.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 18 2015, 06:41 PM) *
Not only that, but a player's success or lack of frequently has a lot to do with his coaching, especially QBs.

It also helps to put a decent team around him. I was never a fan of Geno Smith but I'm not sure any rookie would have a chance with that team.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.