Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yo, Dreagon ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
What's the chatter on Mainelli leaving Dallas? I thought he did an incredible job with that unit considering the players you lost for various reasons. Was there conflict or does he just want to team up with Lovie again?
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 12 2015, 06:04 AM) *
What's the chatter on Mainelli leaving Dallas? I thought he did an incredible job with that unit considering the players you lost for various reasons. Was there conflict or does he just want to team up with Lovie again?

I don't know. If I were Jerry, this is the guy I would be opening the wallet to keep, instead of some cap busting free agent. Marinellii did wonders with a front seven composed of scrubs, retreads, and nobodies.
Dreagon
Well, the latest is that Jerry wants to keep Garrett, Marinelli, and Linehan together as a team and is working hard to get them signed. I'm totally cool with that because while Marinelli did wonders with very little, Linehan got Garrett to tone down the pass happiness and run the ball more. I'm hoping Jerry has the sense to do what it takes to keep those three together for a while....and get Marinelli some pass rushers. The lack of a pass rush cost us the game in GB more than any one call.
Zero
Yep, if the defense takes a step back and you back off the running game you're not the same team.
Dreagon
Wow, Jerry managed to get them all signed. We're actually going to have some continuity for a few years. I'm really beginning to wonder how much Stephen Jones is behind all this.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 15 2015, 01:53 PM) *
Wow, Jerry managed to get them all signed. We're actually going to have some continuity for a few years. I'm really beginning to wonder how much Stephen Jones is behind all this.

Dallas a good team, the Giants brought back Spags for DC and drafted the best WR in football this year.....we could be headed back to the late 80's/early 90's NFC East battles. At least the Redskins should still suck.
Dreagon
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 16 2015, 09:34 AM) *
Dallas a good team, the Giants brought back Spags for DC and drafted the best WR in football this year.....we could be headed back to the late 80's/early 90's NFC East battles. At least the Redskins should still suck.

The Redskins signed Callaghan away from us, which is okay with me since he was Offensive Coordinator in name only. But since Callaghan is primarily an offensive line guy, it might signal an intention on Washington's part to focus more on that area of their team.

Yeah, the Giants getting Spags back is an ominous sign that we may be having another tough defense in the division over the next year or two.
nephillymike
Spags is the most overated coach in a while IMO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.