Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So You Had A Bad Day..........................
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3077/3145772473_3ba4bee790.jpg

Sorry D the devil03.gif made me do it!!

Did I hear right that Marinelli is leaving Dallas?

Whatsup with that?
Zero
Not 1 win, 1 steal.
Dreagon
Ah well, since I predicted they would go 6-10 at the beginning of the season, I will take what we got and be satisfied with it. Yep, that call hurt. I hated it, but it's the rule and they called it right.
Besides, despite our improvement there was no way we were a super bowl team. We're getting better, but I couldn't see us going up against the likes of the Pats in the big game. Maybe if Jerry can control himself, not blow the salary cap over some free agent because "we're close", and keep building through the draft, we can see what we've got next year.
Trying to look at this season in a glass half full sort of way...and I guess I can take comfort in two things. One, Tony Romo didn't implode and I certainly can't lay this loss at his feet. Two, at least after three 8-8 seasons of banality it finally looks like we're heading in a positive direction.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 11 2015, 10:19 PM) *
Ah well, since I predicted they would go 6-10 at the beginning of the season, I will take what we got and be satisfied with it. Yep, that call hurt. I hated it, but it's the rule and they called it right.
Besides, despite our improvement there was no way we were a super bowl team. We're getting better, but I couldn't see us going up against the likes of the Pats in the big game. Maybe if Jerry can control himself, not blow the salary cap over some free agent because "we're close", and keep building through the draft, we can see what we've got next year.
Trying to look at this season in a glass half full sort of way...and I guess I can take comfort in two things. One, Tony Romo didn't implode and I certainly can't lay this loss at his feet. Two, at least after three 8-8 seasons of banality it finally looks like we're heading in a positive direction.

You guys had a good year. No shame in that.

Looking forward to next year when both teams are done the draft, free agency,coaching changes and everyone is back healthy.

I had it pegged early that you guys would be tough. The comittment to the run made Romo so much better. And the offense ball control kept that sub par defense off the field enough.

You never know in the NFL. We did pretty good with a backup QB for a big part of the year, but in the end we made the decision we didn't need to improve at CB and one more S position and that was the death knell.

The parity in the NFL is a great thing IMO. You were 12-4 and we were 10-6. Seems like a wide margin. However, if we swap schedules, and everything stays the same but we play at CHI and you play at GB, we are both 11-5 and we go to the playoffs and you guys are sitting home putting the maloikas (sp?) on us. It's a fine line. Next year it's likely that seven teams will go to the playoffs.

Now the offseason.

Ugh.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 11 2015, 10:19 PM) *

The Cowboys did better than I thought they would. Romo had a good year but I'd be concerned about his back going forward. Back issues just don't go away and I wonder how much longer they can "manage" it. Signing Bryant and Murray will be a strain on the cap ... maybe they let Murray go and franchise Bryant? Will Dez be happy with that?

Next year should be interesting. The Eagles need to solve their DB and QB questions, the Giants showed improvement down the stretch and the Cowboys established themselves. Maybe we're seeing the re-emergence of the NFCBeast.
D Rock
Boiz fans have no right to bitch about that call in ANY way. The only reason you were even at that game was because of legit zebra shennanigans the week prior. The picked up flag, the no call on Dez's bitch tantrum all but stole a victory from the better team. So to bitch about a call that you yourself admit was a correct call is plumb wrong.

Fuck Dallas.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 13 2015, 05:15 PM) *
Boiz fans have no right to bitch about that call in ANY way. The only reason you were even at that game was because of legit zebra shennanigans the week prior. The picked up flag, the no call on Dez's bitch tantrum all but stole a victory from the better team. So to bitch about a call that you yourself admit was a correct call is plumb wrong.

Fuck Dallas.

Not that I care, but it was a bad call. Dez had possession. it should have been first down on the 1. The refs fukk'd up and are hiding behind the rule book.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 13 2015, 06:02 PM) *
The refs fukk'd up and are hiding behind the rule book.

rolleyes.gif

In other words, it was the correct call according to the rules. Stupid rule? Yes. Should that be considered a catch in the game of football? Yes. But it was the proper ruling, and kudos to McCarthy for recognizing that and throwing the flag.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 13 2015, 06:10 PM) *
rolleyes.gif

In other words, it was the correct call according to the rules. Stupid rule? Yes. Should that be considered a catch in the game of football? Yes. But it was the proper ruling, and kudos to McCarthy for recognizing that and throwing the flag.

No, it wasn't the right call. Dez had possession, he made a football move and was down by contact before losing, then regaining the ball. It was initially ruled a catch. A catch in this situation is subject to the referees interpretation. Video replay doesn't justify a reversal.
Dreagon
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 13 2015, 04:15 PM) *
Boiz fans have no right to bitch about that call in ANY way.

And I'm not bitching. It hurt, but as I understand it, it was the correct call.

And that call did not cost us the game. What cost us the game is the fact we simply weren't good enough to go further yet. We are still missing an important defensive element, which is a pass rush. Aaron Rodgers was so gimped up he couldn't scramble, and we still couldn't muster enough of a pass rush to take advantage of that. Championship teams can pressure the QB.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 13 2015, 07:37 PM) *
No, it wasn't the right call. Dez had possession, he made a football move and was down by contact before losing, then regaining the ball.

Therein lies the problem with the rule. A "football move" can't be made until posession is established, and even then its entirely subjective. Hell the term "football move" isn't even in the rulebook. Its "move common to the game" or some shit like that.

The fact that I can look at gifs of the catch and still have no idea, and that there has been so much debate over it, further underscores how wack that rule is.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.