Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Article on Mariota
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...ss-oregon-ducks

Does he have to make anticipatory throws in our offense? I think so.

As a veteran of draft analysis, I've seen almost every year when the top prospect at this time falls by draft day. Two years ago it was G. Smith who was the projected #1. Last year it was Bridgewater. One dropped out of the first round, one dropped to 30th. He will not combine as well as some other QB's. We won't have to give up the farm. He should tank his pro day. That should do it.

With system QB's, I do have visions of Spurrier's QB's who failed miserably. Is there similarity?
Zero
With the needs the team has on defense the coaches need to decide if Foles is able to win a SB for them. This draft, this year, this coach ... that decision.
JaxEagle
I maintain what I have said all season, Mariota is a cool and likable person but I don't want to give up anything for the chance to draft him. I think he has a better than even chance of not being a top half of the league starting QB. Do you think it is a lock that he will be better than Cam Newton? Cam is a middle of the league starting QB.
Phits
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 11 2015, 12:34 PM) *
Cam is a middle of the league starting QB.

Cam is very good QB with very poor surrounding parts. He could be a top 5 QB, but Carolina mgmt seems willing to flounder in mediocrity. His situation is reminiscent to that of Randall Cunningham.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 11 2015, 07:58 PM) *
Cam is very good QB with very poor surrounding parts. He could be a top 5 QB, but Carolina mgmt seems willing to flounder in mediocrity. His situation is reminiscent to that of Randall Cunningham.

I got to disagree with the Randall part of this. Randall didn't take his craft serious enough. Remember the story of the coaches putting paper in the film and it was still there when he handed it in which meant he didn't look at it. He didn't put the time in and remember when he didn't prepare when he was the backup and Peete got hurt in the Dallas playoff game. He had no clue.

After leaving here, he finally figured it out for that one great year in Minny.

I will grant you that Buddy wasn't secure enough to hire a good OC, so he did suffer from less than average OC's while here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.