Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I didn't hear about this at WIP
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/ne...y.html?page=all

I listen more to 97.5 but this was a surprise to me.

I didn't catch much of Cuz and Ellis, but I did listen recently and it was OK.

I heard Innes moved up to the drive home spot. That seems like a real stretch for his ability.

Anyone else have an opinion on it?

Zero
Cuz always seemed to have some kind of a source. I'm not sure if it was real or ego, but I enjoyed listening to his perspective on the games. Curious where he lands.
BirdsWinBaby
i saw it on a philly website the day after he left....i never liked him or his cuz schtick. i suspect lots of people had tuned him out long ago hence the lowball offer and the lack of buzz when he quietly got the boot

hopefully him and tony bruno will do a web based podcast show and stay away from my radio entirely
make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 8 2015, 09:05 PM) *
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/ne...y.html?page=all

I heard Innes moved up to the drive home spot. That seems like a real stretch for his ability.

Never really like Gargano that much. Not sure about Innes moving into the drive spot but he at least has been extremely vocal about his dislike for Misanelli so while I'm not the biggest Innes fan, I think having a war for the drive home spot will be fun to observe. Also supposedly Tony Bruno is joining Innes too, although I'm not sure if theres any truth to that.

Innes is kind of a douche, but so is Missanelli, so it will be nice to see Miss have to fight to defend his spot.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 8 2015, 08:05 PM) *
I listen more to 97.5 but this was a surprise to me.

I didn't catch much of Cuz and Ellis, but I did listen recently and it was OK.

I've still never really tried 97.5 - no reason for that other than being happy with the guys on WIP. I thought Ellis and Gargano was a good team, but Gargano himself got old.

Innes has really stepped up, he had to take his lumps being new in town and being an outsider, and he's no doubt an unpopular guy at WIP's good ole' boys club, being only 28 and having a prime time slot. I find his show to be paced well, and frankly it's refreshing not to listen to ra-ra 'analysis,' he tells it like it is because he's not an Eagles fan and isn't emotionally attached to them winning. It's a tad bit annoying that Innes sucks up to Eskin, but he's got to get allies from somewhere, and Eskin is one of the most established members of the Philly sports media.

Never listened to Missanelli, but from all accounts he's a major douchebag, so if Innes is going to war with him, all the better.
BirdsWinBaby
say what you want about Mike Miss on 97.5....he destroys WIP drivetime hosts over and over

first Eskin...now the Cuz. there was another show WIP used to have in that slot after Eskin got his ass handed to him when Gargano was still 10-2. i think it was Barkhan. either way Cuz eventually got his shot because that show lost to MM as well. they even tried to start Gargano's show an hour earlier (1pm) hoping listeners would tune in an hour before MM's show. cant choose MM if he aint on yet right? wrong...that didnt work either
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 9 2015, 01:24 PM) *
I've still never really tried 97.5 - no reason for that other than being happy with the guys on WIP. I thought Ellis and Gargano was a good team, but Gargano himself got old.

Innes has really stepped up, he had to take his lumps being new in town and being an outsider, and he's no doubt an unpopular guy at WIP's good ole' boys club, being only 28 and having a prime time slot. I find his show to be paced well, and frankly it's refreshing not to listen to ra-ra 'analysis,' he tells it like it is because he's not an Eagles fan and isn't emotionally attached to them winning. It's a tad bit annoying that Innes sucks up to Eskin, but he's got to get allies from somewhere, and Eskin is one of the most established members of the Philly sports media.

Never listened to Missanelli, but from all accounts he's a major douchebag, so if Innes is going to war with him, all the better.

You really should try 97.5. Mostly all shows are good.

It's much better than most of WIP shows, except fot the morning show and Ray Diddy.
Zero
Ray's the only one who kept me on 94.1. I liked the Gargano/Macnow pairing but then I just listen to bits and pieces in the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.