Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I agree with this statement about Chip
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
From Eagles 24/7:

Phil Sheridan of ESPN.com offers a different angle on the Taylor Hart pick:

Never mind that Hart appears to be a poor fifth-round choice. The Eagles once got Cole -- now second all-time to Reggie White on their list of quarterback sacks -- in the fifth round. Hart might blossom into a fine player, but he was inactive for all 16 games as a rookie. There is no reason to think he was a good pick in the fifth round, let alone the third.

But here’s the thing: The fact Kelly revealed that exchange with Roseman tells you that he wasn’t embarrassed about it. He wasn’t hiding it. He learned something about how the NFL works. Given everything else we see from Kelly, it is reasonable to expect that if he learned it, he will not make a mistake like that again.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/01/...b1k1LMLG75mG.99

I think that Kelly is a quick learner, and will not stubbornly do the same things over and over again. He lets his coaches coach and seems to listen to people. As far as what happened with Howie, I don't know, but over the years, the line is long from respected execs that got fired and many had problems with Howie.
JaxEagle
Interesting. Agree with all that.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 6 2015, 09:38 PM) *
I think that Kelly is a quick learner, and will not stubbornly do the same things over and over again. He lets his coaches coach and seems to listen to people. As far as what happened with Howie, I don't know, but over the years, the line is long from respected execs that got fired and many had problems with Howie.

Hasn't Kelly's rise from nothing to OC at NH to OC/HC Oregon to Eagles been pretty fast? He's a bright guy, seems to learn fast and adapt. That may mean nothing but at this point of the journey it's something for us to hang on to.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 7 2015, 05:49 AM) *
Hasn't Kelly's rise from nothing to OC at NH to OC/HC Oregon to Eagles been pretty fast? He's a bright guy, seems to learn fast and adapt. That may mean nothing but at this point of the journey it's something for us to hang on to.

It means a lot. It means he is intelligent. That is a rare trait in today's Society.
Birdman420
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Chip is a guy we can have faith in, not for now, not for a while but for as long as he's our HC.

R-E-L-A-X
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.