Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How this Eagle Season Has Been Unhealthy for Us Fans
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Do you know when you take the Eagles games too much to heart?

There are numerous ways but this is sure one.

I coach HS CYO b-ball and we're playing a game the other night and we're behind so we have to go to man to man full court press.

For non basketball guys, it's basically a bunch of DB's trying to cover WR's one on one on a b-ball court.

Well one way to beat the press man to man, is to run your guards towards the guy with the ball, causing the defenders to run with them and then the guards stop and do a back cut down the court while the d over pursues and is beat down court for the long pass and layup.

Well the other night, the other team did this twice late in the game for easy layups and I instinctively yelled out, much louder than I realized:

"The Eagles cornerbacks cover better than that!!"

At which time, there were a few chuckles from the bench and scorers table and the stands and from my assistant coach but not from my players on the court.

At a time out, the guys on the court said, "that was a low blow coach, the Eagles cornerback comment".

I had to laugh. It was like the "You play ball like a girl" comment from Sandlot. It was below the belt.

This is going to be a long offseason.

I'll call my therapist in a few days...............................................
El Cubano
What did it for me was the pass interference no-call Sunday. I was watching the game with my extended family, who of course were Cowgirl fans, and they were all ignorantly defending that picking up the flag was the right call. I just couldn't help myself from shouting "our corners have been pulling that ish all season, I KNOW what a pass interference call looks like".

It got them to finally drop it, but it was a bittersweet victory because it reminded me of why it was Dallas playing Detroit and not us.
nephillymike
QUOTE (El Cubano @ Jan 6 2015, 09:32 PM) *
What did it for me was the pass interference no-call Sunday. I was watching the game with my extended family, who of course were Cowgirl fans, and they were all ignorantly defending that picking up the flag was the right call. I just couldn't help myself from shouting "our corners have been pulling that ish all season, I KNOW what a pass interference call looks like".

It got them to finally drop it, but it was a bittersweet victory because it reminded me of why it was Dallas playing Detroit and not us.

Well, we lost the basketball game, but the only saivng grace is that I had to turn off the Dallas game at halftime tp make the game and missed the second half and the agony of watching the fix. But really, I thought Dallas would blow them out, so I was expecting a win by them and I'm expectin GB to kick their ass this weekend. The fact I expected a Dallas win made it easier for me (and the fact I didn't see it live!!)
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 6 2015, 09:18 PM) *

There are numerous ways but this is sure one.

I coach HS CYO b-ball and we're playing a game the other night and we're behind so we have to go to man to man full court press.

For non basketball guys, it's basically a bunch of DB's trying to cover WR's one on one on a b-ball court.

Well one way to beat the press man to man, is to run your guards towards the guy with the ball, causing the defenders to run with them and then the guards stop and do a back cut down the court while the d over pursues and is beat down court for the long pass and layup.

Well the other night, the other team did this twice late in the game for easy layups and I instinctively yelled out, much louder than I realized:

"The Eagles cornerbacks cover better than that!!"

At which time, there were a few chuckles from the bench and scorers table and the stands and from my assistant coach but not from my players on the court.

At a time out, the guys on the court said, "that was a low blow coach, the Eagles cornerback comment".

I had to laugh. It was like the "You play ball like a girl" comment from Sandlot. It was below the belt.

This is going to be a long offseason.

I'll call my therapist in a few days...............................................
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 6 2015, 09:18 PM) *

Yes I know what that's like. The Andy Reid era had completely sucked the life out of me, and while Chip provides some hope, I mostly watch Eagles games in relative silence now, as opposed to screaming at the tv. I'm a much healthier man for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.