Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just a thought, backup QB next year
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Mike Vick
Mark Sanchez
Jake Locker
Matt Barkley

Which one would you choose?
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 4 2015, 11:19 PM) *
Mike Vick
Mark Sanchez
Jake Locker
Matt Barkley

Locker

Barkley clearly does not impress and its time to move on. both Vick and Sanchez inexplicably will always have a segment of the fanbase hoping that they can save the season (maybe should be the starter) if they just get a chance

i realize having a starter stink up the joint doesnt help...but just cuz Kolb/Foles were not good enough wasnt reason to lay hopes (and contracts) on suckass QBs
samaroo
Locker. His youth and athleticism could be interesting in Chip's system. I don't think he'd save the franchise or anything, but it could be worth a look. And he should be cheap, and can't be worse than what we've had for a back-up QB.
Eyrie
Locker or Sanchez.

Vick's time is gone, unless we wanted a one year fill in whilst our newly drafted QB gets used to the NFL.

And I don't believe you were serious when you mentioned Barkley.
Dreagon
Okay, I know this is going to sound really bipolar coming from me...but I think I would stick with Sanchez. As a backup he makes sense. Anytime your backup can take over and have around a .500 record, he's about the best you can hope for. Just don't confuse him with a starting QB, and he's worth keeping.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 5 2015, 04:07 PM) *
Okay, I know this is going to sound really bipolar coming from me...but I think I would stick with Sanchez. As a backup he makes sense. Anytime your backup can take over and have around a .500 record, he's about the best you can hope for. Just don't confuse him with a starting QB, and he's worth keeping.

Agreed. We can keep him for cheap.

I hope you guys get blown out by 40 points next week. Nothing personal.
Dreagon
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 5 2015, 03:09 PM) *
Agreed. We can keep him for cheap.

I hope you guys get blown out by 40 points next week. Nothing personal.

lol! Green Bay? In January? What could go wrong?

Sanchez just makes the most sense. Honestly, Locker had done nothing but get worse every season he has played and at this point I would worry he was pretty much broken. Outside of youth, I just don't see him bringing anything that Sanchez doesn't do better.

Vick...no. Just no.

And if your coach wasn't even curious enough to play Barkley on a last game that didn't mean anything, that pretty much tells you what he thinks about what he has there.
HOUSEoPAIN
We get 2 4th rounders, just came out.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 5 2015, 05:28 PM) *
We get 2 4th rounders, just came out.

You must be slipping.

No mention of getting a fourth for backup RB Brown and nothing for Desean??
Wheeljack
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 4 2015, 11:19 PM) *
Mike Vick
Mark Sanchez
Jake Locker
Matt Barkley

I would prefer a better/more durable/more reliable "Vick"-like QB to actually start.
However, for backup? Stick with Sanchez. He has actually started for this team, started in the NFL, you generally know what you get.
Locker is like Vick in that he is neither reliable nor durable.
Barkley needs to get the BOOT as he is wasted space.

Draft a new QB for the 3 spot and have them all duke it out in preseason.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 5 2015, 09:30 PM) *
No mention of getting a fourth for backup RB Brown and nothing for Desean??

laugh.gif

I have to *cough* do a better job *wheeze* of reminding clueless fans of *cough* how stupid that decision was. Time's yours!
Birdman420
I actually say yes to Vick.

Most talented among those men listed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.