Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HoP may have been right about McCoy
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
koolaidluke
watching McCoy these last few weeks I really just don't see any decline from last season. Yeah, I know McCoy sucked at the beginning of the season but not only was the offensive line horrendous at run blocking then but the Eagles were mainly utilizing inside zone plays, which were already being shut down at the end of last season.

When the Oline got semi-healthy and the team started running stretch plays around midseason McCoy seemed to be back to his old self.

As for the decline in McCoy's receiving numbers, I'm not sure McCoy was ever much of a receiver in the first place. Last season he looked like a good receiver because Chip caught opposing DC's flat footed. When you combine that with McCoy losing pass catching opportunities to Sproles this year, the decline makes sense.

Even after this year, I still think he's the best back in the league. He just needs to be used properly.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Dec 30 2014, 05:33 PM) *
Even after this year, I still think he's the best back in the league. He just needs to be used properly.

Hopefully he's still here next year.
Zero
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 30 2014, 06:56 PM) *
Hopefully he's still here next year.

I think they should release him without compensation on March 28, 2015. biggrin.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 30 2014, 07:11 PM) *
I think they should release him without compensation on March 28, 2015. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Only if they think he joined the Crips in the off-season. If Chip cut him for nothing in return on March 28th, I would give him credit for being the best troll in Philly since Andrew Bynum.

There's been speculation about if Chip will go 'all-in' and mortgage our franchise for Mariota. Besides picks, McCoy could be part of that deal.
Dreagon
I'm beginning to wonder how much running backs are worth in todays market. Going by all the talk, it's like nobody wants to pay them anymore....so I wouldn't be surprised at any that end up looking for a team this offseason. And that includes Murray.
Eyrie
The problem for RBs is wear and tear. The good ones have a decent mileage by the time they finish their rookie contract which hurts them in FA. Only the elite (and that include McCoy) will get a lucrative second deal. Doesn't help them that this is a passing league now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.