Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 opponents home and away
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain
Thanks to the NFL's scheduling matrix we can deduce who our opponents will be and where we will be playing them for 2014. Really sucks to make a post like this already unsure.gif

Home
DAL WSH NYG BUF MIA ARZ NO TB

Away
DAL WSH NYG NYJ NE ATL CAR DET

At first glance this doesnt look too bad. No really long road trips, no brutal road games aside from at New England. Get some home games against NO, Arizona and Buffalo that might be tough on the road.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 29 2014, 09:34 AM) *
Thanks to the NFL's scheduling matrix we can deduce who our opponents will be and where we will be playing them for 2014. Really sucks to make a post like this already unsure.gif

Home
DAL WSH NYG BUF MIA ARZ NO TB

Away
DAL WSH NYG NYJ NE ATL CAR DET

At first glance this doesnt look too bad. No really long road trips, no brutal road games aside from at New England. Get some home games against NO, Arizona and Buffalo that might be tough on the road.

Our secondary will probably look like the LOB against the terrible Geno Smith, there's always that.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 29 2014, 08:38 AM) *
Our secondary will probably look like the LOB against the terrible Geno Smith, there's always that.

Perfect passer rating against one of the league's better pass defenses!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 29 2014, 09:39 AM) *
Perfect passer rating against one of the league's better pass defenses!

Which brought him all the way up to 77.5 on the year Denial Boy!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 29 2014, 08:47 AM) *
Which brought him all the way up to 77.5 on the year Denial Boy!

Well, I never believed Smith should be starting to begin his career, but the only comparable point of reference I have is this:

Mike Vick QB rating:
2013: 86.5
2014: 68.3

But sure, Geno Smith is the big problem there...

It's hard to say what his career will turn into, but thinking a fair analysis can be made in that dumpster fire of an organization is premature. I hope he is afforded an opportunity with a competent offensive head coach. He has shown flashes, but is obviously mistake prone (which I think can be attributed to trying to do too much given his dogshit supporting cast).

I'll say this - I think he would have outperformed Sanchez as our backup this year in Chip's system.
Dreagon
Hmmm....since our schedule will be almost the same as y'alls, I think I like that lineup....although it might mean the NFC East my have better records across the board, which might not be in our two teams best interest.
make_it_rain
Dreagon, your schedule will be basically identical, with the exception of getting Seattle and Green Bay as your two at-large games. Pretty sure you will get Seattle at home and visit Lambeau. Also the home/away balance will be different as well for your other AFC/NFC opponents.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 29 2014, 10:52 AM) *
Dreagon, your schedule will be basically identical, with the exception of getting Seattle and Green Bay as your two at-large games. Pretty sure you will get Seattle at home and visit Lambeau. Also the home/away balance will be different as well for your other AFC/NFC opponents.

Typically the division winner gets the toughest schedule the following year, right?
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 29 2014, 05:03 PM) *
Typically the division winner gets the toughest schedule the following year, right?

In theory yes but it does not always work out that way. Basically the schedule works like this.

6 divisional games
4 games vs another NFC division. Next year it is the NFC East vs the NFC South
4 games vs an AFC division. Next year it is the NFC East vs the AFC East

That is a total of 14 games. The remaining games are the "at large" games. Since the Eagles finished 2nd in the NFC East this year and the NFC East is playing the NFC South next season, the Eagles will get the 2nd place teams from the NFC North and NFC West. Dallas will get the first place teams from the NFC North and NFC West. That should lead to Dallas having a tougher schedule but so many things change during the off season that it often does not work out that way.

I have no idea of how they decide the home games vs. the away games for the non-divisional portion of the schedule.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 29 2014, 11:53 AM) *
In theory yes but it does not always work out that way. Basically the schedule works like this.

6 divisional games
4 games vs another NFC division. Next year it is the NFC East vs the NFC South
4 games vs an AFC division. Next year it is the NFC East vs the AFC East

That is a total of 14 games. The remaining games are the "at large" games. Since the Eagles finished 2nd in the NFC East this year and the NFC East is playing the NFC South next season, the Eagles will get the 2nd place teams from the NFC North and NFC West. Dallas will get the first place teams from the NFC North and NFC West. That should lead to Dallas having a tougher schedule but so many things change during the off season that it often does not work out that way.

I have no idea of how they decide the home games vs. the away games for the non-divisional portion of the schedule.

Right. I meant "tougher" as in based on the previous years records. Thanks for the breakdown.
Dreagon
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 29 2014, 10:52 AM) *

Ugh. We suck at home. As crazy as it sounds, I would rather travel to Seattle.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 29 2014, 07:09 PM) *
Ugh. We suck at home. As crazy as it sounds, I would rather travel to Seattle.

Do you want that chance in a couple of weeks? They got out of there with a W early in the year, I'm not so sure it will happen again.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 29 2014, 07:14 PM) *
Do you want that chance in a couple of weeks? They got out of there with a W early in the year, I'm not so sure it will happen again.

Tough call, especially when the most likely other choice will be Lambeau Field in January. We aren't the best cold weather team, you know tongue.gif

Of course, me being my usually optimistic self, I'm nervous as a cat about our game against Detroit. It's a home game (where we stink). On top of that, they just suspended Suh for the game, and the tape was just inconclusive enough that a lot of Detroit feels they got cheated, and now they have a martyr to rally around and fire them up. Not to mention, we have a troubled history of laying down when it comes to Detroit. Hell, we gave them their only playoff win in the past fifty years. To make a long story short....the intangibles in this game suck.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 30 2014, 02:28 AM) *
Tough call, especially when the most likely other choice will be Lambeau Field in January. We aren't the best cold weather team, you know tongue.gif

Of course, me being my usually optimistic self, I'm nervous as a cat about our game against Detroit. It's a home game (where we stink). On top of that, they just suspended Suh for the game, and the tape was just inconclusive enough that a lot of Detroit feels they got cheated, and now they have a martyr to rally around and fire them up. Not to mention, we have a troubled history of laying down when it comes to Detroit. Hell, we gave them their only playoff win in the past fifty years. To make a long story short....the intangibles in this game suck.

The intangibles sucked for your trip to the Linc at the start of December. You might enjoy recalling that game, but we won't sad.gif
BirdsWinBaby
If we are playing the horrid NFC south plus the NFC east it's an easy double digit win season. Plus maybe a playoff win. That means Foles plays good enough to get a contract and be our starter for a few more years. yay
Dreagon
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Dec 30 2014, 07:38 AM) *
If we are playing the horrid NFC south plus the NFC east it's an easy double digit win season. Plus maybe a playoff win. That means Foles plays good enough to get a contract and be our starter for a few more years. yay

It's weird to say, but keeping those things in mind we could possibly see the NFC East provide a Wild Card or two.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 29 2014, 09:28 PM) *

You guys will kill Detroit.

A team whose "star" QB is 3-29 against teams with a winning record has no heart.

You bounce the Tin Men out by at least 20 points.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.