Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bill Musgrave needs to go
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Why has no one questioned him as the QB coach all year?

Foles looked great under Lazor's tutelage, and suddenly has horrible mechanics this year?

I think they need to upgrade that coaching position above all others.
mcnabbulous
People need to accept that 2013 was a crazy anomaly driven by luck and teams not prepared for Chip's offense. Once Foles had to deal with NFL throwing lanes and other normal conditions, he regressed to exactly what he is.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 28 2014, 10:05 PM) *
People need to accept that 2013 was a crazy anomaly driven by luck and teams not prepared for Chip's offense. Once Foles had to deal with NFL throwing lanes and other normal conditions, he regressed to exactly what he is.

I'm sure that's part of it, but I also think it's the mechanics thing is a valid question.
Eyrie
Foles looked uncertain in the pocket and his passing was poor. How much of that was due to the instability on our OL and how much to him regressing is one that the coaches will have to get right. A change of QB coach may help, or it could mean Foles starting over again.
nephillymike
You may be on to something.

I don't remember the specifics, but I remember a few people ripping the hire at the time saying how he had a poor track record with some recent QB's.

It may need looking into.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 28 2014, 10:05 PM) *

It must be great being you, always sure your OPINION is fact. If you are in your twenties that's understandable, but if you are in your mid thirties or older you likely have some rude awakenings ahead. There is no way in Hell you KNOW EXACTLY what Foles is, and this is not sarcasm on your part, just a belief that you know more than everyone else. I have known a lot of people that think that way, and most are wrong more often than not.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 29 2014, 06:52 AM) *
You may be on to something.

I don't remember the specifics, but I remember a few people ripping the hire at the time saying how he had a poor track record with some recent QB's.

It may need looking into.

I think it is relevant, and unlike many I still think Foles has the POTENTIAL to be a very good NFL QB. When he came in in 2013 defenses were mainly playing press man coverage and he did well dissecting it. Year two had defenses going back to more zone coverage and Foles struggled yes, but I think if Lazor was still here would have handled it better and learned how to read it better. With all that said Foles went 6-2 as a starter, Sanchez 4-4. he also engineered two come from behind fourth quarter wins, where Mr. S played scared in the 4th and had no comebacks. Look at Fole's entire body of work (and include the few games played in the 4-12 debacle year) and he still has solid NFL QB stats.

And for all that i still don't know what the coaches think regarding QB and it will be interesting to see how they staff the position/coach this off season. Anyone who actually thinks they have the answer is just someone with a strong opinion who refuses to look at possibilities that are not in line with the conclusion they have already drawn.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Dec 29 2014, 10:54 AM) *
It must be great being you, always sure your OPINION is fact. If you are in your twenties that's understandable, but if you are in your mid thirties or older you likely have some rude awakenings ahead. There is no way in Hell you KNOW EXACTLY what Foles is, and this is not sarcasm on your part, just a belief that you know more than everyone else. I have known a lot of people that think that way, and most are wrong more often than not.

So you think there is something extreme about believing that Foles is closer to the guy we saw this year than a guy that had one of the greatest seasons in history?

The only thing I'm sure of with regards to Foles is that I don't want him to be handed the starting job next year based on 2013. This notion that he deserves anything is ridiculous.

My opinions with regard to this team are right more than wrong. That's a fact. With that said, I was wrong about Foles. I gave him the benefit of the doubt after 2013 and believed he would actually improve as a QB. His dramatic regression makes it pretty apparent that he's nothing more than a bottom-tier starter that could possibly peak out in the middle of the pack.

You can waste more time believing he is something that he isn't.

Thanks for the life lesson though. It's a message board. Its all opinions.

Just because I'm not some herd follower that believes we need to hire a defensive head coach and run the ball 30 times a game, while wasting premium draft picks on road grading offensive linemen makes me an outcast around here. I think football has evolved since 1980. I'm not afraid to express that opinion. Unfortunately anyone sensible enough to share such sentiment gets run out of here by the circle jerk that exists. I've made the mistake of coming back after the last time. I suspect I won't be missed.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 29 2014, 12:16 PM) *
I've made the mistake of coming back after the last time. I suspect I won't be missed.

See? Message boards DO involve some fact among opinions.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 29 2014, 11:58 AM) *
See? Message boards DO involve some fact among opinions.

I'll be sure to stop in and celebrate when we build that all-time great defense, power running attack, and game managing (Brad Johnson/Trent Dilfer) type championship team.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.