Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: State of the Eagles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
eagleaddict
Random thoughts:

1. If Special teams is any indication of the young talent on the team, we could have a very disciplined team for a couple years. Love the FAs brought in to bolster ST over the year.

2. Too many impact players over 30 for next year on O and D.

3. No excuse for not signing Maclin before FA.

4. I like our schedule next year, but am worried that Giants and Cowboys are the on the rise.

5. Best signing last season - Darren Sproles.

6. Front 7 is strong, but secondary needs major overhaul. Jenkins started strong, but has regressed to "steady contributor". If D is to improve, he needs to be the 3rd best guy back there.

mcnabbulous
QB. We're not a real threat until we get a real QB.
nephillymike
our biggest need is fr management to step up and manage like their lives depend on it.

this 85-90 % cap sepnd has gotta be a thing of the past.

Pathetic effort on their part.

El Cubano
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 28 2014, 02:32 PM) *
QB. We're not a real threat until we get a real QB.

While I agree that we're not a real threat without a real QB, I still feel our secondary needs have higher priority over our QB needs. Sanchez isn't a real QB, at least not a real starter, but he could have gotten us a playoff spot for sure.

Bottom line is this, as bad as it may be: I felt more confident putting the game on #3's shoulders than on our D's.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (El Cubano @ Dec 28 2014, 03:30 PM) *
While I agree that we're not a real threat without a real QB, I still feel our secondary needs have higher priority over our QB needs. Sanchez isn't a real QB, at least not a real starter, but he could have gotten us a playoff spot for sure.

Bottom line is this, as bad as it may be: I felt more confident putting the game on #3's shoulders than on our D's.

While I realize that winning a championship is not possible without making the playoffs, settling for playoff appearance with no real chance to win a championship has little appeal to me.

We're not going to win a championship with our QB situation. Finding that guy is the toughest task in football. We should keep throwing darts until we hit a bullseye.
El Cubano
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 28 2014, 03:35 PM) *
While I realize that winning a championship is not possible without making the playoffs, settling for playoff appearance with no real chance to win a championship has little appeal to me.

We're not going to win a championship with our QB situation. Finding that guy is the toughest task in football. We should keep throwing darts until we hit a bullseye.

Agreed on both points, sir.

Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 28 2014, 09:35 PM) *

No-one will disagree that Sanchez is not that guy, and very few expect that Foles can still become him.

But in terms of bang for our buck we need to focus on improving the secondary in FA and the draft this off-season. There won't be an elite QB available in FA and we won't get a shot at the top prospects in the draft, so a mid-round (4-5) pick on a small school QB with the right skill set is the most effective use of our resources.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.