Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fletcher finally benched
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
El Cubano
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/...l-to-start.html

I know I'm just a noob here, but I personally would rather see Boykin get the start. Still, it has to count for something that we're finally making this move...even if it did wait until the very last game of the season. Makes me think though, where would we be if we sat him 2-3 weeks ago?
JaxEagle
I don't think he is worse than Williams. Seems like Davis is caving to pressure or else he should've been replaced weeks ago... or maybe Williams should have been replaced weeks ago.... or maybe both should've been replaced...
nephillymike
Not benched.

Injured hip.

I'd ask a bunch of questions about when he hurt it.
xsv
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Dec 28 2014, 12:25 PM) *
I don't think he is worse than Williams. Seems like Davis is caving to pressure or else he should've been replaced weeks ago... or maybe Williams should have been replaced weeks ago.... or maybe both should've been replaced...

I don't have the link, but I've heard that according to pro football focus, Fletcher is ranked towards the very bottom of every corner in the league. Williams is actually above the middle of the pack. The main problem with Williams is all of the penalties he commits, but he's still a pretty decent cover corner.
El Cubano
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 28 2014, 11:49 AM) *
Not benched.

Injured hip.

I'd ask a bunch of questions about when he hurt it.

So in your opinion, would we still be starting Fletcher with a healthy hip?
El Cubano
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Dec 28 2014, 11:25 AM) *

My main issue with Williams this season has been his inability to turn his head in time to make a play. He probably should still get the boot, but if the coaches can get him to fix that, maybe he can still be a back up?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (El Cubano @ Dec 28 2014, 12:54 PM) *
So in your opinion, would we still be starting Fletcher with a healthy hip?

I think he's suggesting that they found an excuse to bench him. I'd agree.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 28 2014, 01:23 PM) *
I think he's suggesting that they found an excuse to bench him. I'd agree.

I think they would have pussied out and started him.

When the entire team sees a guy should be benched, and they don't do it or use some lame ass excuse, you lose the respect of your players.
JeeQ
Someone tell Odell Beckham his talent shouldn't be beating our culture...

Someone tell the Giants you don't need two quality WR...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 28 2014, 03:41 PM) *
I think they would have pussied out and started him.

When the entire team sees a guy should be benched, and they don't do it or use some lame ass excuse, you lose the respect of your players.

As I'm reading this Beckham gets a 63 yarder as Watkins stumbles..... laugh.gif

I don't care if we win this game or not, this is a complete and utter embarrassment for our secondary. Manning has also missed at least 4 or 5 throws that would've been easy big plays on open receivers.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 28 2014, 03:48 PM) *
As I'm reading this Beckham gets a 63 yarder as Watkins stumbles..... laugh.gif

I don't care if we win this game or not, this is a complete and utter embarrassment for our secondary. Manning has also missed at least 4 or 5 throws that would've been easy big plays on open receivers.

Yes .

manning isn't good.

They should have bout 40 on us
Eyrie
Fletcher tries hard but simply lacks the ability. He can leave with my best wishes.

Williams though needs replaced. He has enough talent to justify being here but shows it too rarely for my liking.

I want and we need a top CB in FA and another early in the draft.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.