Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Jimmy Rollins interview after trade to LA
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
J Roll sat down with CSN's Jim Salisbury for a lengthy interview after his trade to LA. The link below is just a small sampling of the interview. I saw the whole thing on CSN, but it doesn't appear to me the entire interview has been posted anywhere on the net. If you do get CSN, I am sure they will be replaying it quite a bit.

No bitterness whatsoever from the man. What I did find interesting was when he was asked about when he knew the window had closed for them, without missing a beat he said, just as I knew we were on are way to great things in 2007, I knew it had come to an end at the end of the 2011 season when Ryan Howard struck out and tore his Achilles tendon to end that season. (My comment - too bad Amaro didn't see what all of us could see at that point.)

When asked if the turning point was when they started bringing in high-paid players that were looking for their championship, he did say yes, but he said more importantly it started when some of the core players left, such as Vicrtorino, Werth, etc... He stated that though they weren't homegrown Phillies like him, Chase and Ryan, they were just as much a part of the foundation of that winning team.

He had plenty of other good things to say. If you get a chance to watch it, I recommend you do.

J Roll clip
JaxEagle
He was the person most responsible for changing the culture of the Phillies and making the great run and WS title a reality for the Phillies. Because of that, he is one of my all-time favorites. Others had great on field contributions but Rollins was the one that shouldered the load in helping others have the confidence to win.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.