Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles 2015 Free Agents
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I really, really hate posting this before Christmas let alone before the new year. Here's the players Howie and Chip will be deciding on keeping or walking away from(name, pos, age, experience):
Brandon Graham OLB 26 4
Jeremy Maclin WR 26 5
Bradley Fletcher CB 28 5
Nate Allen S 27 4
Brad Smith WR 31 8
Casey Matthews ILB 25 3
Mark Sanchez QB 28 5
Chris Polk RB 25 2
Jeff Maehl WR 25 2
Cedric Thornton DE 26 2

As far as I'm concerned, I won't miss Fletcher, Smith or Maehl but I'd like to see them sign the rest. Priority?
Maclin then Thornton and toss up on the rest. Allen is only OK, improving but I'd much rather see either a good FA or a promising rookie. Sanchez is fine for a back up as long as his salary isn't preventing them from adding a player of value. Graham is a good situational player who isn't good enough to be a long term starter but can add pressure in spot duty. I like Polk when he's healthy but wish Chip would give him more carries as a change up.

Source ...
CT_Eagle
Out of that list I would try to bring back the following:

Graham
Maclin
Polk
Thornton

Allen, Fletcher and Sanchez can provide depth. If they are offered starter money elsewhere then CYA.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 22 2014, 02:08 PM) *
I really, really hate posting this before Christmas let alone before the new year. Here's the players Howie and Chip will be deciding on keeping or walking away from(name, pos, age, experience):
Brandon Graham OLB 26 4
Jeremy Maclin WR 26 5
Bradley Fletcher CB 28 5
Nate Allen S 27 4
Brad Smith WR 31 8
Casey Matthews ILB 25 3
Mark Sanchez QB 28 5
Chris Polk RB 25 2
Jeff Maehl WR 25 2
Cedric Thornton DE 26 2

-The upside to our collapse is Mark Sanchez won't be getting starter money anywhere else, it's likely we can keep him for cheap, I'd do that.

-I can't fucking believe Casey Matthews and Nate Allen are still on this team. We may sign Matthews s a backup, ok fine he's an Oregon guy, but cut Allen loose.

-Bye bye Fletcher.

-Sign Graham, Polk, and Thornton.

-Who cares about Smith and Maehl. In fact, it would be a shame to let go of the only guy on our roster named 'Smith' who appeared on our stat sheet this year.

-I'd let Maclin test the free agent market, while he had a great year I don't think he'll get true #1 money, he'll get Eric Decker/Golden Tate type money. I'd be more in favor of signing one of the monster WR free agents that will hit the market, and if we can bring back Maclin for a reasonable price eventually, fine.
Zero
What monster do you think will hit FA?
JeeQ
Since every Eagles fan I've seen is asking for Graham to be resigned I think it's safe to say he wasn't a bust... It may have taken five seasons but I was right! tongue.gif

Marcus Smith... you now have four more seasons to prove yourself
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 22 2014, 08:06 PM) *
Since every Eagles fan I've seen is asking for Graham to be resigned I think it's safe to say he wasn't a bust... It may have taken five seasons but I was right! tongue.gif

He still has not lived up to where he was drafted so in that sense he is a bust. He is however fine when used in a rotation as he currently is so I would like to see him back. If another team is going to give him a starters salary then I think he will be gone.
Dreagon
I can't see you guys letting go of Maclin. He's good, and while he's going to want to get paid, he shouldn't command Megatron style money so I don't see the Eagles letting him walk away.
I'm definitely think y'all should keep Polk...and perhaps utilize him a little more.
Graham is also a keeper if the money is right.

I probably don't know enough to comment intelligently on the others, so I'll stop at those three.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 22 2014, 03:16 PM) *
He still has not lived up to where he was drafted so in that sense he is a bust. He is however fine when used in a rotation as he currently is so I would like to see him back. If another team is going to give him a starters salary then I think he will be gone.

He's been pretty beast this year, if he can give us a few more solid years then we just shrug and accept it. It's not even Graham, the sour taste in our mouths is looking at who was drafted directly after him (Earl Thomas and JPP), especially after games like Saturday's. Also drafted later in the first round that year were Dez Bryant and D. Thomas, though in all fairness, we might have cut them last year for nothing in return, so it's a moot point. Yes, I'm going to keep bringing that up all off-season.

What monster do you think will hit FA?

Bryant, D. Thomas, and J. Thomas. I know the Cowboys and Bryant 'want' to get a deal done, but the articles I've read indicate he wants guarantees that Jones won't give. They can always franchise him, and that will cause some lovely fireworks for us to watch next year. In any case, I'm more interested in landing D. or J. Thomas. It's highly likely one of them hits the market, and I'd say it's more likely to be D. Thomas. He'll get a huge contract, and he deserves one.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 22 2014, 04:09 PM) *
He's been pretty beast this year, if he can give us a few more solid years then we just shrug and accept it. It's not even Graham, the sour taste in our mouths is looking at who was drafted directly after him (Earl Thomas and JPP), especially after games like Saturday's. Also drafted later in the first round that year were Dez Bryant and D. Thomas, though in all fairness, we might have cut them last year for nothing in return, so it's a moot point. Yes, I'm going to keep bringing that up all off-season.

Bryant, D. Thomas, and J. Thomas. I know the Cowboys and Bryant 'want' to get a deal done, but the articles I've read indicate he wants guarantees that Jones won't give. They can always franchise him, and that will cause some lovely fireworks for us to watch next year. In any case, I'm more interested in landing D. or J. Thomas. It's highly likely one of them hits the market, and I'd say it's more likely to be D. Thomas. He'll get a huge contract, and he deserves one.

And the Bears could field offers for their WR's.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 22 2014, 02:15 PM) *

Graham
Maclin
Polk
Thornton

Allen, Fletcher and Sanchez can provide depth. If they are offered starter money elsewhere then CYA.

Exactly
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 22 2014, 01:15 PM) *

Graham
Maclin
Polk
Thornton

I would agree with this. If someone offers the three of those guys starter money, they don't deserve to be working in the NFL. Then again, lots of guys don't deserve to be working in the NFL.
nephillymike
Maclin's as good as gone.

It's a time tested theory that has worked over the years.

My youngest just got a Maclin jersey for Christmas.

Every jersey he gets, the guy goes bye bye the next year!!
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 25 2014, 07:13 PM) *
Maclin's as good as gone.

It's a time tested theory that has worked over the years.

My youngest just got a Maclin jersey for Christmas.

Every jersey he gets, the guy goes bye bye the next year!!

You should have bought him a Williams jersey instead.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 22 2014, 03:25 PM) *
-I can't fucking believe Casey Matthews and Nate Allen are still on this team. We may sign Matthews s a backup, ok fine he's an Oregon guy, but cut Allen loose.

I think there was zero chance Casey was on the team this season if we didnt get hit with a ton of inuries, suspensions at ILB during the preseason. After that he was really the best option left.

I'd like to get Maclin back, but the eagles fucked up by going after Vincent Jackson before the trade deadline (or at least letting it get out they wanted him). I believe VJax is making close to 10M this season, so by letting the world know we were OK with picking that salary up, Maclin has a lot of leverage considering how great a season he had and should rightfully laugh if Howie comes back to him with some hometown discount of like 8M a season.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 26 2014, 01:05 PM) *
I'd like to get Maclin back, but the eagles fucked up by going after Vincent Jackson before the trade deadline (or at least letting it get out they wanted him). I believe VJax is making close to 10M this season, so by letting the world know we were OK with picking that salary up, Maclin has a lot of leverage considering how great a season he had and should rightfully laugh if Howie comes back to him with some hometown discount of like 8M a season.

They've fucked up plenty with their WR situation over the last year. I just don't think Maclin is worth anywhere close to $10 mil a year. I'd rather see them throw gobs of money at Demaryius Thomas, and know we're getting HoF production every year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.