Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think losing Ryans had a huge impact
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Not so much for his play making, but I think he was the guy that kept the D disciplined. They started getting sloppy once he was out, and this is not an indictment of Mathews, he was not an embarrassment, but overall D headed south with the loss of Ryans.

Yes, we need new CBs and another safety or two, but I think they would be foolish to part with him despite the injury and age issues. Draft someone for him to groom, or see if he can help develop Smith into something.
JaxEagle
Of course losing Ryans hurt a lot. Almost as much as losing Foles. Sadly I think Ryans has played his last game. He would be a good coach from what everyone says.
GroundedBird
Agreed, Ryans loss was huge. I don't think Mathews is an adequate replacement.

According to some sources... typical recovery for Achillies is 11 months. I think Peters made it back earlier.

(Source -> typical recovery for Achillies)

I would love to see Kendrick drafted by the Eagles at the appropriate place. Some sources say second round (source). That would be sweet.

either way we must address the DB issues first.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.