Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who gets fired first Kelly or Coughlin
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Elimvp
I have to think that Chip goes first. The ultimate goal has been obtained twice by Tom and he has reloaded the offense. Chip will be gone at the end of the 2015 season
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Elimvp @ Dec 21 2014, 05:11 PM) *
I have to think that Chip goes first. The ultimate goal has been obtained twice by Tom and he has reloaded the offense. Chip will be gone at the end of the 2015 season

I don't think there's any way Chip gets fired after next year. However, I DO think it's possible that he tires of the Philly media and fan base and decides to go back to college, where he's a god and a genius who wins almost 90% of his games. Assuming Dallas holds on against Indy, the honeymoon is officially over. Going from a chance at the #1 seed to having a meaningless week 17 after elimination in 3 weeks is a good way to get the Chip fanboys on WIP and The Fanatic to turn on you. It's already started.
Dreagon
Coughlin. Going by what I've been reading on Giants boards, a lot of people are starting to think he's either lost the team or the game has passed him by.
mcnabbulous
I can't believe this is even a thread.
Elimvp
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 21 2014, 05:17 PM) *
I don't think there's any way Chip gets fired after next year. However, I DO think it's possible that he tires of the Philly media and fan base and decides to go back to college, where he's a god and a genius who wins almost 90% of his games. Assuming Dallas holds on against Indy, the honeymoon is officially over. Going from a chance at the #1 seed to having a meaningless week 17 after elimination in 3 weeks is a good way to get the Chip fanboys on WIP and The Fanatic to turn on you. It's already started.

This may be the best post ever in the history of posts
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Elimvp @ Dec 21 2014, 06:23 PM) *
This may be the best post ever in the history of posts

Many thanks for the kudos, but seriously, if that's the best post you've ever seen, you've been hanging around on the wrong websites.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 21 2014, 04:17 PM) *

I don't know why anyone gets hung up on this idea that Chip considers himself a genius. He basically admits that there is nothing special about the way he coaches. He focuses on execution.

He strikes me the type that gets bored winning 56-13 against Colorado. I suspect that he loves the competitive nature of the NFL.

Having the morons on WIP turn on him is probably a sign that he's headed in the right direction.
Elimvp
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 21 2014, 06:28 PM) *
I don't know why anyone gets hung up on this idea that Chip considers himself a genius. He basically admits that there is nothing special about the way he coaches. He focuses on execution.

He strikes me the type that gets bored winning 56-13 against Colorado. I suspect that he loves the competitive nature of the NFL.

Having the morons on WIP turn on him is probably a sign that he's headed in the right direction.

Why do people hate WIP so much
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 21 2014, 06:28 PM) *

I'm more mocking his fanboys and media slurpers. One of our friends here just watched DJax effectively end our season, yet still defends his decision to cut him.

He's a very good coach and I'm happy with him, I've said it a million times. He HAS made several bad decisions that are unconventional and point to him thinking he's smarter than everyone else, Reid did that several times too. I just think that putting up with a hostile media and fan base could get to him. As I've clearly stated, if I was in charge I'd give him a minimum of 2 more years, probably more.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Elimvp @ Dec 21 2014, 05:55 PM) *
Why do people hate WIP so much

Because the callers are generally only exceeded in stupidity by the hosts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.