Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brian Davis, Bradley Fletcher, Cary Williams
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
I'd keep Nate Allen as a backup.

Mark Sanchez gets some slack since he was really only a backup anyways.

Pull the plug on the starters next week and try to get a better pick.
HOUSEoPAIN
Who's Brian Davis?
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 20 2014, 08:54 PM) *
Who's Brian Davis?

my guess is Billy Davis, DC.
Eyrie
Fletcher tries hard but isn't good enough and Williams is "inconsistent". How much of that is down to the individual and how much to Davis not reacting to what is happening on the field is open to debate.

My needs are keeping Maclin, then adding a top CB and either a S or OLB in FA. Then in the draft our first pick has to be a CB, followed by which ever of S and OLB we didn't sign.

Rounds 3-5 are ILB, G and a small school QB to develop (probably won't make starter, but a serviceable back up will be nice).

And since it's Christmas, a time machine to bring back the 2013 Foles would be nice.
dsc5085
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 21 2014, 06:40 AM) *
Fletcher tries hard but isn't good enough and Williams is "inconsistent". How much of that is down to the individual and how much to Davis not reacting to what is happening on the field is open to debate.

My needs are keeping Maclin, then adding a top CB and either a S or OLB in FA. Then in the draft our first pick has to be a CB, followed by which ever of S and OLB we didn't sign.

Rounds 3-5 are ILB, G and a small school QB to develop (probably won't make starter, but a serviceable back up will be nice).

And since it's Christmas, a time machine to bring back the 2013 Foles would be nice.

In addition, I'd add a speedy WR to the list of needs. The loss of Desean Jackson was huge to the deep-pass game.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 21 2014, 06:40 AM) *

Inconsistent?

He's the pillar of consistency.

He holds, he interferes, he gets beat long, he gets beat short, he deflects blame, he shies away from contact, he cost us last year's playoff game with poor hustle and positioning on a horse collar tackle and he put our playoff hopes all but nill with that missed tackle that cost us 20 yards on the last drive that put them in FG range.

Cary Williams is a lot of things.

Inconsistent isn't one of them.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 21 2014, 12:17 PM) *
Inconsistent?

He's the pillar of consistency.

He holds, he interferes, he gets beat long, he gets beat short, he deflects blame, he shies away from contact, he cost us last year's playoff game with poor hustle and positioning on a horse collar tackle and he put our playoff hopes all but nill with that missed tackle that cost us 20 yards on the last drive that put them in FG range.

Cary Williams is a lot of things.

Inconsistent isn't one of them.

Agree. He has had only a couple good games in 2 years.
JaxEagle
I am ok with Billy Davis until we can determine whether it's talent or scheme. Right now the talent isn't good enough to evaluate Billy Davis.
HobbEs
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Dec 21 2014, 09:16 PM) *
I am ok with Billy Davis until we can determine whether it's talent or scheme. Right now the talent isn't good enough to evaluate Billy Davis.

I'm pretty sure the answer to that is talent. Look what he's done with the front seven.
mcnabbulous
I think he has done a good job. I can't imagine how bad Nolan Carrol must be in practice that he can't overtake Fletcher.
CT_Eagle
I think Davis has done well with what he has had to work with. The secondary really is an Achilles heal for this team. Jenkins is fine. Williams, Fletcher and Allen all need to be upgraded. The Eagles also have to ensure that they have someone to play nickel corner. I think Boykin is a FA after this season. If he bolts I could live with Fletcher in that role. So get me a FA S or CB, then draft the other in either the 1st or 2nd, and I would be happy. If D. Ryan is not brought back and healthy, there will be a huge hole in the middle of the defense that will need to be addressed as well.

For the offense, the Eagles are probably going to have to overpay for Maclin or bring in someone else. I would rather they keep Maclin and then add a legit deep threat. I cannot see them going into the season with a WR tandem of Mathews and Cooper. If that is the case this team will not make the playoffs in 2015. I am good with Foles coming back as the starter. He needs to put up numbers somewhere between his 2013 and 2014 seasons. If he cannot do that then the Eagles need to start the process of getting a legit starter at the QB position.

The team as a whole needs to cut down on their penalties and turnovers as well. They really have been their own worst enemy in many games this year, including the lose to the Skins. I don't blame Sanchez for the loss. He managed the game well enough for the Eagles to put up 30 points. (2 missed FGs)

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 22 2014, 10:39 AM) *
I think Davis has done well with what he has had to work with. The secondary really is an Achilles heal for this team.

Keeping Fletcher one on one ultimately has to be put on The Genius if Davis isn't adjusting. He's used the 'we thought they could hang with their WR's' excuse a couple times already, and it isn't flying.

Ike Reese seems to think it's likely Cary Williams is back, more so than the other CB's. Ugh.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 22 2014, 06:07 PM) *
Keeping Fletcher one on one ultimately has to be put on The Genius if Davis isn't adjusting. He's used the 'we thought they could hang with their WR's' excuse a couple times already, and it isn't flying.

I don't think Davis had much of a choice. He did adjust on the play when Allen got the pick but you can only get away with rolling the safety in support of Fletcher so many times. The other team will take note and then begin by targeting the other side of the field. I would not read too much into "we thought they could hang with their WR's". For all we know Davis just didn't want to publicly throw his guys under the bus. If the Eagles go into next season without addressing at least 1 CB slot, then we will know that they are seriously over estimating the talent in the secondary.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 22 2014, 02:12 PM) *
I don't think Davis had much of a choice.

Sure, it's not like we're stashing Pro-Bowlers somewhere. But there's no excuse IMO to keep Fletcher out there to be eaten alive, at least not without help. Try Boykin? Carroll? Could it really be any worse? I'm really not looking forward to seeing Beckham out there next week.
samaroo
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 23 2014, 04:17 AM) *
I'm really not looking forward to seeing Beckham out there next week.

*shudder*
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 22 2014, 02:17 PM) *
Sure, it's not like we're stashing Pro-Bowlers somewhere. But there's no excuse IMO to keep Fletcher out there to be eaten alive, at least not without help. Try Boykin? Carroll? Could it really be any worse? I'm really not looking forward to seeing Beckham out there next week.

Did anyone see how FA CB Newman struggled for Cincy on Monday night and they pulled his ass and replaced him with Kirkpatrick who promptly had two INT's, one for a TD and one to end the game.

Imagine that, his backup did a better job!!

Those who stubbornly defend a bad decision go down with the sinking ship.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.