Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playoff Odds and Effects of Other Games
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Per 538, our chances to make the playoffs right now is 40%. Here's how they change based on the outcomes of certain Sunday games given the odds of week 17's games also:

IND beats DAL =+18%
PHI beats WAS = +9%
CHI beats DET = +8%
TB beats GB = +3%
ARI beats SEA = +2%

Also, what if sports has us a 78% chance to beat WAS and IND a 56% chance to beat DAL.

Based on that, the probability of these outcomes of Sunday's DAL and PHI game is:

PHI and IND win = 44%
PHI and DAL win = 34%
WAS and IND win =12%
WAS and DAL win = 10%

It's finger crossing time.

Remember 2008. We needed a lot more than this!!!
HOUSEoPAIN
Root for Indy and take care of business. I don't want to go into the last week needing a win at the Meadowlands and hoping the Redskins beat the Cowboys.
make_it_rain
I'm throwing in the towel. This season is over. Frankly I dont see them winning both of the last two on the road. Wouldn't surprise me at all if somehow Indy wins this weekend, yet we lose at New York in week 17 for the ultimate kick in the balls.

Even if by somehow we catch lightning and manage to sneak in I dont think this team stands a chance against any wild card team, even at home.

At the end of the day Mike you were right. They didnt do enough on the defensive side to be a credible threat. Instead of getting Revis or any other competent Corner or defensive player of need, the cap money is left to sit and wait for next year when we can give to some other failure from Oregon or maybe a few other role players / ST guys like we did this year. The draft was an abysmal failure, at least in the context of this season. Jenkins was a great pickup but the last four or five weeks (e.g when it mattered) even he has been pretty bad, showing the inconsistency that let New Orleans walk in the first place.

Going 11-5 or 10-6 and missing the playoffs will be yet another feather in this team's cap of failure.

JeeQ
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 18 2014, 09:58 AM) *
I'm throwing in the towel. This season is over. Frankly I dont see them winning both of the last two on the road. Wouldn't surprise me at all if somehow Indy wins this weekend, yet we lose at New York in week 17 for the ultimate kick in the balls.

Even if by somehow we catch lightning and manage to sneak in I dont think this team stands a chance against any wild card team, even at home.

At the end of the day Mike you were right. They didnt do enough on the defensive side to be a credible threat. Instead of getting Revis or any other competent Corner or defensive player of need, the cap money is left to sit and wait for next year when we can give to some other failure from Oregon or maybe a few other role players / ST guys like we did this year. The draft was an abysmal failure, at least in the context of this season. Jenkins was a great pickup but the last four or five weeks (e.g when it mattered) even he has been pretty bad, showing the inconsistency that let New Orleans walk in the first place.

Going 11-5 or 10-6 and missing the playoffs will be yet another feather in this team's cap of failure.

If any team can go 11-5 and miss the playoff it's the Philadelphia Eagles... while a team from the NFC: South wins their division with a 6-10 record laugh.gif

Also I could definitely see a scenario where Indy wins and we lose to the Giants the following weekend due to 5 Touchdowns catches by ODB or some other insane nonsense.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 18 2014, 12:58 PM) *

Yeah, I'm just hoping in vain for a miracle run. Remember what awaits us once football season is over - a $175 million minor league squad, a tanking basketball team, and a mediocre-at-best hockey team.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.