Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foles Wasn't Cleared To Play
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ

JeeQ
Mark Sanchez said after last night’s loss he has to get better.

If the Eagles want to hang onto a playoff spot, he better be.

Via Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com, Eagles coach Chip Kelly told reporters that starter Nick Foles would not be ready to play this week, leaving the job to Sanchez.

Foles had tests on his broken collarbone, but they did not show the level of healing necessary to put him back on the field.

The Eagles are 3-3 with Sanchez starting, and he’ll get a chance to boost that record Saturday against Washington.

Not really a stretch here... but I don't think we'll be seeing Foles on the field again this season
mcnabbulous
Our lord and savior:

JaxEagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 15 2014, 01:47 PM) *
Our lord and savior:

Jackass comment. Nobody is calling Foles Joe Montana but it is a given that he is head and shoulders above Sanchez by everyone except you.

By the way, who won that game in your video?

Foles, 6-2

Sanchez, 3-3

Is that correct?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Dec 15 2014, 01:05 PM) *
Jackass comment. Nobody is calling Foles Joe Montana but it is a given that he is head and shoulders above Sanchez by everyone except you.

Not this year he isn't. They've been virtually the same across the board. Sanchez has statistically been a bit more efficient, albeit more a little more careless. They've both been bad though.

By the way, who won that game in your video?

Foles, 6-2

Sanchez, 3-3

Is that correct?

The Eagles won, against a team team with a losing record.

Foles is 1-2 against teams with winning records
Sanchez is 1-3 against teams with winning records.
Neither of them have lost against teams with losing records.

You're confusing me with someone that thinks Sanchez is good, or worthy of being our long-term starter. I said, prior to him taking over, that Nick Foles isn't going to win us a SB this year. So we might as well see what we have with Sanchez.

We're seeing what we have with Sanchez, which is about the same as Foles. Frankly, I think Sanchez has actually looked a bit better. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. Neither one of them has been impressive.

Here is how I would break it down. In a game in which we are playing competitively and our defense is keeping us in the game, I'd probably rather have Sanchez playing.

In a game in which we are getting destroyed and need a huge, come from behind performance -- I'd rather have Foles playing. That type of scenario brings out all of Sanchez's biggest flaws.

Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 15 2014, 02:19 PM) *
You're confusing me with someone that thinks Sanchez is good, or worthy of being our long-term starter. I said, prior to him taking over, that Nick Foles isn't going to win us a SB this year. So we might as well see what we have with Sanchez.

We're seeing what we have with Sanchez, which is about the same as Foles. Frankly, I think Sanchez has actually looked a bit better. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. Neither one of them has been impressive.

devil03.gif
Pbfan
they both suck, but I think there is still a glimmer of hope with Foles. Sanchez's accuracy is absolutely atrocious, and that's not going to change. Foles played like shit but a lot of it had to do with very bad decision making and drops. He's proved that he can be absolutely brilliant. If by some miracle we make the playoffs, start Foles at the earliest possible opportunity.
koolaidluke
It's just the Redskins. The Eagles have no chance whatsoever of losing this game. Now if Foles isn't back for the Giants game that could be a problem.

The Eagles have never in the Chip Kelly era lost a game I predicted them to win. The Redskins have no chance.
samaroo
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Dec 16 2014, 07:39 AM) *
It's just the Redskins. The Eagles have no chance whatsoever of losing this game. Now if Foles isn't back for the Giants game that could be a problem.

The Eagles have never in the Chip Kelly era lost a game I predicted them to win. The Redskins have no chance.

Whew! What a relief!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.