Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I have this right
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
To get into the playoffs we would need:

A. One DAL loss plus two wins by us. (They play INdy next week. Luck will torch them but IND defense sucks)

OR

B. Us to win out AND either DET, GB or SEA to lose out.

"A" gets us a home game against SEA, GB or DET

"B" gets us a road game at DAL.

They're not posted yet, but I'd put our chances at about 25%

Thank you Howie Roseman and Billy Davis.

Howie for not spending, and Billy Daivs for sticking with that drek at CB all year.

Inexcuseable.
md717
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 14 2014, 11:46 PM) *
To get into the playoffs we would need:

A. One DAL loss plus two wins by us. (They play INdy next week. Luck will torch them but IND defense sucks)

OR

B. Us to win out AND either DET, GB or SEA to lose out.

"A" gets us a home game against SEA, GB or DET

"B" gets us a road game at DAL.

Thank you Howie Roseman and Billy Davis.

Howie for not spending, and Billy Daivs for sticking with that drek at CB all year.

Inexcuseable.
Yeah, this is a tough one.
JeeQ
I see Indy winning next week and us winning out
JaxEagle
We need Foles playing next week to have any chance at making this season finish well.
SAM I Am
It's not looking good if you ask me.

The only decent team we beat was the dolts. And we barely squeaked by the foreskins the first time around. I hate to say it, but we most likely lose one of the two division games we have left; probably to the gnats in the finale.

If we don't make it to the playoffs, I hope whoever stumbles out of the NFC South goes on to win the SB, and if that doesn't happen, anybody but dullass.
JaxEagle
I agree that it is no sure bet that we win out. GB isn't going to lose out so we'd need a good bit of help by Arizona, Chicago and St. Louis. That's a stretch. Indy could beat Dallas but Dallas will be favored.

We need Safeties, CB's and WR's. I like Landon Collins from Bama.
Birdman420
I'm going to the giants game in NY, any tips on how to handle the new york fan base?
HOUSEoPAIN

Also if we both finish 10-6, we also would have a 4-2 division record to their 3-3 record, giving us the tiebreaker.

We don't control our own destiny anymore, but it's a bit reassuring to know we get the tiebreakers, and it's perfectly reasonable to assume Dallas will drop one against either Indy or Wash. We just need to take care of our own business.

I doubt any of those teams are losing out. We had a chance to put it away last night, and didn't. Now we go from a chance at the #1 seed to possibly being left out.

JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 15 2014, 11:37 AM) *
I doubt any of those teams are losing out. We had a chance to put it away last night, and didn't. Now we go from a chance at the #1 seed to possibly being left out.

Yep!
Zero
Lots of people seem to assume that Indy will take it easy next week. Sure, they've locked up the division but don't they still have seed to play for?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 15 2014, 12:54 PM) *
Lots of people seem to assume that Indy will take it easy next week. Sure, they've locked up the division but don't they still have seed to play for?

Of course, they can get the #1 and certainly can get a bye. Who says they're going to take it easy?
SLOiggles
Our best hope has to be hoping Indy can take care of business Sunday. I was hoping so much that the Texans could've held in there yesterday and won. Would've almost made it a must win for the colts.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.