Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Game film review with Jaws by Joe Decamera
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/eagles/...me-offers-clues

A little encouraging. Interesting read.
mcnabbulous
That analysis largely jives with my analysis of the game.

I don't agree with the Foles/Sanchez assessment though. Sanchez played poorly against Seattle, but given the well-document footwork/pocket presence issues that Foles was dealing with this year, I can't imagine how poorly he would have played against that pass rush.
Zero
This is the part that still makes me angry. I won't contend that the Eagles would have won the game without the bad calls, but they would have had a better chance. The way they called that game was inexcusable.
" ...penalties played a MAJOR factor in the game. I know some people say that you shouldn’t use penalties as an excuse. Maybe they are not an excuse, but they can be an indicator of how a fairly evenly played game becomes a 10 point win for one side. For example ….. the non-call on the illegal man downfield play was an enormous mistake by the refs turning a 2nd & 16 into a first down on what amounted to the Seahawks’ first TD drive of the game …… the non-call on what should have been an intentional grounding in the final 20 seconds of the first half directly led to Seattle’s FG right before halftime to make it 10-7 …. the 44 yard pass interference call on Bradley Fletcher – a play in which Baldwin absolutely interfered with Fletcher every bit as much as Fletcher interfered with him – led to a Seahawks’ score to make a 17-14 game into a 24-14 contest. These weren’t just random minor blown calls as happens in most games; these were drive altering / game altering blown calls which I will contend directly helped Seattle defeat the Eagles.

Plus, bad calls by the refs occurred when the Eagles had the ball too. Two things clearly stood out ….. Richard Sherman absolutely held – and likely interfered – with Maclin on a 3rd down play in the 3rd quarter when Sanchez scrambled and threw to Maclin on the right hand side of the field for what should have been a completion but instead led to a punt one play later because of an incompletion on the blown call ….. and the Seahawks interior defensive lineman were holding the Eagles offensive lineman on McCoy and Sproles running plays illegally clogging up the middle and taking away rushing lanes for the Birds backs. I don’t blame Chip Kelly one bit for being furious with the refs as he was on Sunday. He should send the tape off of all of those plays to the league office. This was clearly the worst officiated Eagles game all season, and almost every single bad call or non-call was to the disadvantage of the Eagles.
That Sherman and his mates were so smug after the game is understandable. If great players are assisted by zebras they are transformed to super players. If we meet them in the playoffs that film needs to be in the league office the week before.
nephillymike
I agree. The refs screwed us. I heard Decamra talk about some of this on air. The biggest problem was their D-line holding our o-line on just about every play. It really stuffed the run game.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 12 2014, 04:54 AM) *
That Sherman and his mates were so smug after the game is understandable. If great players are assisted by zebras they are transformed to super players. If we meet them in the playoffs that film needs to be in the league office the week before.

It did seem as though the refs catered to their reputation as being physical. I wonder how often that occurs. After 2003, the NFL certainly moved away from allowing that. Seems as though the Seahawks have been given a hall pass as it relates to illegal contact.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.