Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimmy Rollins to LA
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
Well, the era is officially over.

I mean, it's been over for years, but now Ruben Amaro has confirmed it. JRoll is going to the Dodgers, supposedly for 2 pitching prospects. While I don't trust RAJ to make good decisions in these deals, it certainly is refreshing to see that he isn't going to let our players die of old age on the field.

The best way I can possibly honor Rollins is to make absolutely sure I piss away money on a ticket to watch this god-awful team get their asses kicked when the Dodgers come to town next year, just so I can join everyone else in giving him a lengthy standing ovation.

Utley could fetch a couple good prospects, Howard a couple dice rolls, Hamels could get a real good haul. The question is if this thing is getting completely blown up. I'm so glad I canceled my direct tv MLB package.

SAM I Am
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 10 2014, 07:25 PM) *
Well, the era is officially over.

I mean, it's been over for years, but now Ruben Amaro has confirmed it. JRoll is going to the Dodgers, supposedly for 2 pitching prospects. While I don't trust RAJ to make good decisions in these deals, it certainly is refreshing to see that he isn't going to let our players die of old age on the field.

The best way I can possibly honor Rollins is to make absolutely sure I piss away money on a ticket to watch this god-awful team get their asses kicked when the Dodgers come to town next year, just so I can join everyone else in giving him a lengthy standing ovation.

Utley could fetch a couple good prospects, Howard a couple dice rolls, Hamels could get a real good haul. The question is if this thing is getting completely blown up. I'm so glad I canceled my direct tv MLB package.

They better completely blow this whole thing up. Something they should have done a couple of years ago, and the first one who should've been handed his hat back then was Amaro.
Zero
Who's steering the ship now, Gillick or Amaro?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 11 2014, 08:22 PM) *
Who's steering the ship now, Gillick or Amaro?

Hopefully Gillick. We'll get a better sense of that in the next few months.
mcnabbulous
Sounds like it's still Amaro, sadly enough.

I'll miss Jimmy. Truly an all-time Philly great. I know he wasn't necessarily beloved around here, but an everyday shortstop who plays for 14 years is a special treat. We were lucky to have him.
mcnabbulous
If you didn't get a chance to see this, Jimmy put a thoughtful ad in the Inquirer today. He also tweeted it out:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5Tfe0RIEAEAnu-.jpg

Class move by a great Philadelphia athlete. We'll never see a double play combo like that again.
nephillymike
That was nice.

I hope he finds a nice playoff run with LA.

He's the best SS we ever had, a top ten Phillie and has a shot to end up in the Hall of Fame when it all ends.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 20 2014, 02:21 PM) *
That was nice.

I hope he finds a nice playoff run with LA.

He's the best SS we ever had, a top ten Phillie and has a shot to end up in the Hall of Fame when it all ends.

I can't stand the Dodgers, but I'm glad he'll have a chance to win another one there. I hope Hamels gets sent to a contender where he doesn't have to pitch a shutout in order to earn a win. He should be closing in on 150 wins by now. How in the blue fuck do you start 30 games, have an ERA of 2.46, and finish 9-9?!?!? I'm amazed he's never flipped out on his team (at least publicly).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.