Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seahawks Hangover
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HobbEs
Seems like there's a theory floating around called Seahawks hangover. It's basically that a large number of teams lose the following game after playing them (basically due to the physical nature of their defense).

I can't find the exact percentage (someone told me it was around 80% or so) and honestly I don't believe it exists. However, what I do find strange is that it's Wednesday of Dallas week and all anyone is talking about is the last game! And it's not just here on the board. I was listening to WIP last night and all anyone was talking about was how we got shut down by Seattle.

If there is such a thing then hopefully it's affected the fan base more than the team itself. This next game is the most important one of the season.
CT_Eagle
I think maybe the aftermath of the Seahawk game carries so much weight because it forced a lot of fans to reevaluate this team's chances at the SB. Than again, I cannot explain why that reevaluation didn't occur after the thumping GB laid on the Eagles. Perhaps GB was rationalized as "it's just one game". The Seattle game removed that rationalization.
make_it_rain
I cant for the life of me think why anyone would need to re-evaluate this teams chances of the Super Bowl after the Seattle game.

They werent winning it before Seattle, and they arent winning it afterwards.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Dec 10 2014, 03:31 PM) *
I cant for the life of me think why anyone would need to re-evaluate this teams chances of the Super Bowl after the Seattle game.

They werent winning it before Seattle, and they arent winning it afterwards.

Precisely.

Most WIP hosts, while entertaining, are little more than fans who happened to pursue a career in broadcasting/sports journalism/etc. I expected a blowout in GB, and we got one. I expected a 26-13 not-that-close game against Seattle, and we got a 24-14 not-that-close game. If we should win the division and get past the first round, we're not beating either of those teams on the road. The only 'hangover' I have is still trying to explain to people how a Pro-Bowl WR on the field opposite Maclin would be beneficial.

We haven't lost 2 in a row since early last year, so Chip has a good track record of getting his team back to focus - shouldn't be that hard anyway, considering it's Dallas at home and this game will likely determine the division winner.
Phits
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Dec 10 2014, 03:21 PM) *
Seems like there's a theory floating around called Seahawks hangover. It's basically that a large number of teams lose the following game after playing them (basically due to the physical nature of their defense).

I can't find the exact percentage (someone told me it was around 80% or so) and honestly I don't believe it exists.

GB W
SD W
DEN W
WAS L
DAL W
STL L
CAR L
OAK L
NYG L
KC L
ARI L
SF - L

Opposing teams have posted a 4-8 record the game after playing the Seahawks. However, the teams that lost the following week have losing records except for KC, ARI, SF. SF and KC seem to be in a tailspin. KC lost 3 in a row after beating SEA. SF lost a stinker to OAK and have been in turmoil the entire season. ARI won 6 in a row before losing to both @SEA & @ATL

However, what I do find strange is that it's Wednesday of Dallas week and all anyone is talking about is the last game! And it's not just here on the board. I was listening to WIP last night and all anyone was talking about was how we got shut down by Seattle.

If there is such a thing then hopefully it's affected the fan base more than the team itself. This next game is the most important one of the season.

I feel the Dallas game is going to be a cake walk. Seattle gave us a real beating at home. I can't see us dropping 2 in a row at the LINC especially to a divisional opponent.
koolaidluke
I have no doubt that the team is taking Dallas seriously and is well prepared for the game, but often in games where the fan base is just assuming victory, disasters happen.

Prime Jennifer Connelly is one of the hottest women I've ever seen.
Dreagon
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Dec 10 2014, 05:35 PM) *
Prime Jennifer Connelly is one of the hottest women I've ever seen.

That came out of nowhere...but it's kind of hard to argue with biggrin.gif

(assuming by 'prime', you mean back before she lost so much weight)
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 11 2014, 10:50 AM) *
That came out of nowhere...but it's kind of hard to argue with biggrin.gif

(assuming by 'prime', you mean back before she lost so much weight)

At the time the Rocketeer came out I might agree with that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.