Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It wasn't so much the Refs bad calls/no calls
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Watching the first few series the ref responsible for spotting the ball would stand above it, with the eagles lined up and ready to go, watching the hawk D celebrate their last tackle and would not step back until they were done and ready to line up themselves. That was pure BS, we could have caught them several times unprepared but the ref slowed it down enough to give them time to set up...that was what Kelly was really complaining about early on in the game.
Zero
It was the whole thing. I agree they're a better team, but the Eagles had a punchers chance if the game was called even, even with an overmatched Sanchez. The refs were making calls like their kids were playing for the Seahawks.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 8 2014, 06:50 PM) *
It was the whole thing. I agree they're a better team, but the Eagles had a punchers chance if the game was called even, even with an overmatched Sanchez. The refs were making calls like their kids were playing for the Seahawks.

A random observation, on the TD pass to Maclin, he was lined up with Sherman. He was put in motion, and Sherman followed him for a few steps then stopped at the end of the box, and played the run/stayed on Celek, and Maclin was wide open for the easy TD catch. I wonder if this was simply blown coverage by Thomas who should've been on Maclin once Sherman stopped, or if this was something that could've been exploited more during the game, as Sherman doesn't switch sides.
mcnabbulous
It was one of the few times Ive watched a game and felt there was something fundamentally unfair with the way the game was being called. We were at a talent disadvantage to begin with. That compounded it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.