Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just not there yet
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
I don't think we have much of a real shot without a first round bye, and I think that's pretty much out the window now.

I don't think we're far off, though. The defense, in particular has been better than I expected. Give us a decent QB, CB and Safety, and I think we make a real run at this thing.

mcnabbulous
We probably should have known when we were arguing the merits of Nick Foles vs. Mark Sanchez.

In all seriousness, I don't think many of us went into the season believing we could be confused for the best team in football.

I'm just happy that Chip is continuing to prove that he's a brilliant coach. He is about to lead us to the playoffs for the second straight year with a his backup QB. He's brought in the type of defense that we've wanted for years. We still have a few more pieces to fill in, but we're big, fast and physical.

The future is bright, but we really need to get Chip's QB. A guy that he can trust against the best defenses in football. It was pretty clear he didn't trust Sanchez yesterday. I personally would have preferred a more aggressive approach, but it is what it is.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 8 2014, 08:46 AM) *
I don't think we have much of a real shot without a first round bye, and I think that's pretty much out the window now.

I don't think we're far off, though. The defense, in particular has been better than I expected. Give us a decent QB, CB and Safety, and I think we make a real run at this thing.

I agree completely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.