Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Refs
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm really not sure if it meant the game, but it could have. The referees were not calling the game evenly or cleanly. The call on Fletcher for PI that ended up giving them a 41 yard gain and points on the board was contrasted by their DBs mugging the shit out of our WRs all day. The non-call when a SEA OL is 20 yards downfield on a pass play was so blatant I have no idea how it could have been missed. How many times was Wilson in the pocket under extreme pressure and threw the ball away with not call?

Did the mugging of our receivers affect our offensive production? Did it give a mental advantage to the Seahawks? Neither our offense, our defense or coaching was blameless, but if you lose you want to lose only because of play not because of that nightmare officiating.

This could give them added motivation for next Sunday and after hearing what some of the SEA players were saying after the game it sure could give some extra snap to a possible rematch, even if it is in Seattle.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 8 2014, 08:01 AM) *
I'm really not sure if it meant the game, but it could have.

It didn't. The refs didn't help, but what you saw was a Super Bowl caliber team manhandling a team that isn't on that level yet. While watching I couldn't help but think that if we had Russell Wilson in Chip's system, we might be there instantly. The defense sure did their part yesterday.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 8 2014, 12:09 PM) *
While watching I couldn't help but think that if we had Russell Wilson in Chip's system, we might be there instantly.

I agree completely.
Dammit, Andy.

He could have run Vick and whichever backup until it was time for him to go then Chip comes in with Russell.

Dammit.

mcnabbulous
I'm not so sure. They won by 10. At least 10 of their points can easily be attributed to questionable or bad calls.
D Rock
And another 10 attributed to Lesean's carrying the ball like a hot potato and dirty sanchez's HORRIBLE int.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.